Why become a member? ×

TCE BG250-208 Tone Print Recommendation

stewblack

I recently liberated the TCE 250 watt amp from the 2X8 cab to which it had been attached. So I could pair it with other cabs and try other heads through the cab. You know the drill. Mucking about instead of learning new songs.

Any road up, while in a fiddling mood I thought why not change the tone print (I'd previously had the SpectraComp installed) . So I went through a few and the TubeWarmth 'N' Comp is a real winner. A noticeable volume boost - I mean really noticeable - and a rounded, fat tubiness which is extremely satisfying.

Oh and it's a flipping sight easier to use the amp when it isn't over the back of cab too!

image.thumb.png.0085688cc36a6658226d59be22658fc1.png

On 10/10/2019 at 21:23, Pea Turgh said:
On 08/10/2019 at 20:34, stewblack said:

You know the drill. Mucking about instead of learning new songs.

Main reason I sold my trace gp12smx.... too many possibilities.  Now have a Bank of TC toneprint effects to waste time on instead.  Damm those Danes.

I tried it live last night but it didn't sit well in the mix. Maybe in a 3 piece it might have been OK but this seven piece has a lot going on and the sound wasn't quite right. 

Switched at half time to Comp In The Middle and that did the trick. More middly less muddly.