Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Steve Harris sig pedal

fretmeister

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

They seem to be on the ball when it comes to real time stock levels, I don’t think you can add something to the cart they don’t have.

Anyway, I’m convinced they have stock due to the fact that I have a tracking number! 🤤

First dibs 🙂

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

So the BDDI was surely a "two off" then?

Technically no. I sold the BDDI v1 and got the v2, and then the  programable (which i had also had before). Ive only used the PBDDI once, as i much prefer the v2. Shame Line6 didnt use that version in the Helix. 

3 hours ago, hookys6stringbass said:

I have to admit I don't know much about Steve Harris...but didn't he use Hiwatt amps or a clone of one.. I think...??? If so is this pedal close to the Tech 21 Leeds...?? I used to use the Leeds with bass and I really regret selling it...I was so dissapointed they never made a Leeds deluxe...

I thought SH used Hiwatts, but this new one doesn't sound much like my Leeds. Well the SH setting might but it's not a tone I've ever tried to replicate. 

I've been considering selling my Leeds as it hasn't seen any action since I got my DP-3X, but I know I'd regret it instantly!

• Like 1

Just had a go on my Joyo American Sound again, and no noise major issues. I must have been thinking about the Orange Juice. Certainly a good contender for a budget version of the SH1, especially for the warmer Jamerson/Lynott settings. Can’t say much for sure until I get to compare them side by side though!

18 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I thought SH used Hiwatts, but this new one doesn't sound much like my Leeds. Well the SH setting might but it's not a tone I've ever tried to replicate. 

I've been considering selling my Leeds as it hasn't seen any action since I got my DP-3X, but I know I'd regret it instantly!

Sh has a custom made preamp based on an old ss hiwatt in his rack. 

• Like 1

I've been after these sounds for years.

So tempting to preorder this from Guitar Guitar.  They said they expect it in Dec but no guarantees.

I'm really keen to hear more demos of it.  The videos above sound great, but looking at the bass player's youtube vids, all his recordings without the SH1 sound good too.  I'm wondering how much other processing etc there is on his sound.  Would love to hear it just raw DI output and also run through an amp and cab.

3 minutes ago, No. 8 Wire said:

I've been after these sounds for years.

So tempting to preorder this from Guitar Guitar.  They said they expect it in Dec but no guarantees.

I'm really keen to hear more demos of it.  The videos above sound great, but looking at the bass player's youtube vids, all his recordings without the SH1 sound good too.  I'm wondering how much other processing etc there is on his sound.  Would love to hear it just raw DI output and also run through an amp and cab.

I asked Tim over on Talkbass if he had the raw files, without the backing tracks. He said he did and was going to try and post them at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

I asked Tim over on Talkbass if he had the raw files, without the backing tracks. He said he did and was going to try and post them at some point.

He replied to me on youtube and said the tracks were recorded direct via a presonius interface with no effects or processing.  Would still like to hear it in isolation though.

On 24/10/2019 at 15:56, Lozz196 said:

For me they’d be the ultimate fly-rigs if they had the option to run on batteries. Having to take a power supply and a converter plug (and then hope there’s a power socket you can see that’s near enough) makes these not as convenient as they could be for actual flying gigs to other countries.

There is no room for a battery in that unit. Between the lights and the tuner you "might" get through a gig if you don't tune too much. When I used to do gigs with a multiple bands for a single event I would just bring an inexpensive 2 prong 10' extension cord in case power wasn't readily available at the front of the stage. Changing drummers takes more time than plugging in 1 extension cable unless you're talking about busking or something.

On 24/10/2019 at 15:58, Gareth Hughes said:

Are these not phantom-powerable like a lot of other Tech21 pedals? (I mean the other fly-rigs like the Dug and the Bass Fly-Rig)

Phantom power doesn't provide the proper amperage for these pedals.

Edited by Tech21NYC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Combed20 said:

Now available to order.  Surprised at Andertons and GAK.

image.png.6d45617c11e74ebadee473eeb5d7f518.png

It's very tempting to preorder this from Guitar Guitar.  With it not coming until Dec though, I'm trying to decide whether to hold out to see if any xmas/black friday etc deals come around.

It's there any chance of this going the other way and the guitar guitar price goes up🤔

Edited by No. 8 Wire

On 25/10/2019 at 21:11, dannybuoy said:

In stock here for anyone that can't wait for them to show up on these shores - they have a tendency to offer discounts when asked nicely via online chat also btw!

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/tech-21-steve-harris-sh1-signature-sansamp

On 25/10/2019 at 21:43, dave_bass5 said:

I couldn't see where it says in stock, but not bad for £233

Or you could buy direct from the US for even less...

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Or you could buy direct from the US for even less...

I think that is direct from the US.  I went to the same site, with a discount, shipping and taxes it didn't save that much, but you do get it quicker.  I want willing to forego the ability to return it if needs be though.