Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Steve Harris sig pedal

fretmeister

Ok this is slightly cheating, but I reckon that this probably gets you 90%of the way there for 10% of the cost?

It's cheating because my point is that there is a Tech 21 "sound" and all the Tech 21 pedals seem to be variants on this (very successful!) theme. The Joyo I understand is a clone of the Tech 21 Blonde and obviously the Blonde will have the Tech 21 sound...

...and I seem to have just missed out on the one in the FS, so I'm hoping that Dave has already managed to get this on his Stomp :) 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

What attracts me to this pedal is the two level/gain stage. My all time fav preamp/drive pedal is my COG Knightfall 66. Nice strong pre amp with a second gain/level Chanel on a separate footswitch. Same tone, only louder or with more drive etc. For me the SH does the same, but with a tuner, two mids and more output options, plus the cab sim stuff. 

Not going to rush in to it, i want to see some more YT videos first, but I can see my selling my Stomp to get this in the near future. 

Edited by dave_bass5

40 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

...and I seem to have just missed out on the one in the FS, so I'm hoping that Dave has already managed to get this on his Stomp :) 

I'm sure its in there somewhere. Must admit ive note touched the guitar amps at all so far. I expect thats where the Blonde lives 🙂

31 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

In stock here for anyone that can't wait for them to show up on these shores - they have a tendency to offer discounts when asked nicely via online chat also btw!

https://www.prymaxe.com/products/tech-21-steve-harris-sh1-signature-sansamp

I couldn't see where it says in stock, but not bad for £233

Edited by dave_bass5

1 minute ago, NancyJohnson said:

Christ, that's £35.00 on Amazon.  Blimus.

Yeah and the one on here was just £18 and I missed it by a couple of hours!

And there are probably as many folk who prefer their Joyo American to the Tech 21 Blonde as vice versa, so it seems fretmeister's comments are spot on.

4 hours ago, fretmeister said:

The Joyo tributes to the Tech21 stuff are excellent. 

No idea how long they last but they sound superb.

I really should stop being skinflint and just get a new one, right, given they are a fraction of the cost of the Tech 21 kit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Ok this is slightly cheating, but I reckon that this probably gets you 90%of the way there for 10% of the cost?

It's cheating because my point is that there is a Tech 21 "sound" and all the Tech 21 pedals seem to be variants on this (very successful!) theme. The Joyo I understand is a clone of the Tech 21 Blonde and obviously the Blonde will have the Tech 21 sound...

I'm not hearing much of a similarity myself. Nice enough pedal though.  I had one for a while but preferred my Tech 21 Leeds. I wonder why Joyo never cloned that one?

5 hours ago, Gareth Hughes said:

I had one of these Joyo American pedals. It did make a righteous sound - truly glorious - but....... it was a noisy bugger, even with low gain levels.

I have the Harley Benton copy - haven't tried bass through it, but I'd say it was as quiet as the Fender amp that I often use it instead of...  Maybe yours didn't like the PSU you were using or something.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

The Joyo American Sound and Orange Juice both have a lot of hiss compared to the Tech21 products, which only exhibit noise when you crank the gain.

A bit like a cranked amp then 😂

Agree about the OJ though. 

Edited by dave_bass5

23 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

The Joyo American Sound and Orange Juice both have a lot of hiss compared to the Tech21 products, which only exhibit noise when you crank the gain.

Ah ok. That's useful to know and goes some way to explaining why the Blonde V2 is £179 vs £35 for the Joyo American i.e. better components and paying for their own R&D with the Tech 21 rather than ripping someone else's R&D off!

Edited by Al Krow

12 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I couldn't see where it says in stock, but not bad for £233

They seem to be on the ball when it comes to real time stock levels, I don’t think you can add something to the cart they don’t have.

Anyway, I’m convinced they have stock due to the fact that I have a tracking number! 🤤

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

They seem to be on the ball when it comes to real time stock levels, I don’t think you can add something to the cart they don’t have.

Anyway, I’m convinced they have stock due to the fact that I have a tracking number! 🤤

What's the amount you had to pay including tax and shipping? 

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

Just don't get that with my HB pedal, example vid needed...