Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Steve Harris sig pedal

fretmeister

On 09/10/2019 at 12:44, Stofferson said:

Emailed the UK Distribution, RRP and timings etc. Anyone need a kidney? I got 2??

image.png.387d4b7d39a1115d439776fbd6237c28.png

Interesting as Bass Guitar Mag features this and says product street price to be $289. Maybe they’re gonna be flown here First Class?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

As i posted earlier, Sweetwater have pre orders up for $299

Would seem to make sense to import this directly from the US. After shipping, VAT and Customs you're probably still looking at a £100 saving i.e. nearer £300

Or if you're actually travelling to the US even better - you'll fall under the VAT and Customs thresholds for personal goods (assuming you're not bringing much else back of value that are 'imports' ) of £390 and you can then pick this up for nearer to £200. Which is what US bass players are paying.

Edited by Al Krow

35 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Would seem to make sense to import this directly from the US. After shipping, VAT and Customs you're probably still looking at a £100 saving i.e. nearer £300

Or if you're actually travelling to the US even better - you'll fall under the VAT and Customs thresholds for personal goods (assuming you're not bringing much else back of value that are 'imports' ) of £390 and you can then pick this up for nearer to £200. Which is what US bass players are paying.

Ive never brought from a us store, but I thought they get local TAX added to the listed price at checkout?

11 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Ive never brought from a us store, but I thought they get local TAX added to the listed price at checkout?

Only for residents of that state i think.(when buying online)

Edited by Daz39

This looks interesting but for that price, no thank you. Why shell out all that money when you can get a pretty decent Steve Harris tone with bright roundwounds, a P pickup, low action, and a bit of elbow grease in the picking hand(+ maybe a compressor but this box doesn't have one anyways)?

Very interesting, I'm finding stages getting quieter and quieter to the point where i'm only hearing the bass through in ears. Nothing really from my amp. Good if one of these came up on here second hand.

22 minutes ago, Tech21NYC said:

It's best to contact your local dealer for pricing outside the US. We can't predict or dictate the price as there are too many variables has previously mentioned.

Thanks very much for jumping in. One of our local retailers is currently quoting £399 = $500 (give or take a $). You can appreciate that's causing a few of us to hesitate and we're hoping it's a typo on their ad.

[Aside: I'm loving my Red Ripper btw - guess it's now a collectors item since you've stopped production! No plans to replace?]