Why become a member? ×

Toasted got a new bass

Toasted

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='2635' date='May 20 2007, 01:52 AM']Looks like a fanned fret lined fretless. How the F do you play that![/quote]

Ferret, you're close. It's a fretted. Dingwall use ultra-small "banjo" frets on their basses. I've found them very comfortable to play so far.

Also, the fanned frets have had no learning curve for me - honestly - it's just like picking up any other bass. I was dubious before I bought it having never played a Fanned Fretboard before, but until you get up the dusty end the fanned frets have a 0 sum learning curve :)

I'll post come more pics later - sorry for being sucha tease :huh:

Wow, cool stuff. I've always liked Dingwalls. And always interested to be told that there is no learning curve with the fanned frets. Looking forward to seeing more pics! Are all Dingwalls active?

Regards

Mike

[quote name='Toasted' post='2698' date='May 20 2007, 09:30 AM']I'll post come more pics later - sorry for being sucha tease :huh:[/quote]Ooh you bitch, you love it don't you? :huh:
Ahem... sorry, a disturbing glimpse into my private life there. :)
C'mon, more pics! [size=1]please.[/size]

[quote name='BigRedX' post='2708' date='May 20 2007, 10:19 AM']Also where did you get it from? Do Dingwall have a UK dealer yet, or did you have to import it?[/quote]

I bought it from a bloke who owns 10 ( ! ) Super J's. They don't have UK distro but you can order anything direct from them ([email protected])

[quote name='Mike' post='3324' date='May 21 2007, 08:02 AM']Are all Dingwalls active?[/quote]

Mine is. The 4 knobs are: Master Volume / Dingwall rotary pickup selector / bass boost and cut / treble boost and VTC on the same knob / active passive flick switch. It's a great preamp - someone really put alot of thought into it.

Since this picture was taken I've added the new CNC machined rubber knobs that are standard on all new dingwalls, and a set of fres GHS M2500 Contact Core steels.

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='3553' date='May 21 2007, 12:35 PM']That looks really really wrong to me.[/quote]

Good job it's not your bass then - eh?

[quote name='slaphappygarry' post='3553' date='May 21 2007, 12:35 PM']How does it play?[/quote]

=

[quote name='Toasted' post='2698' date='May 20 2007, 08:30 AM']Also, the fanned frets have had no learning curve for me - honestly - it's just like picking up any other bass.[/quote]

Edited by Toasted