Why become a member? ×

Overdrive pedal recommendations

Friskydingo

3 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

I love a good Muff. But it's a secondary effect, not one to use always on. Best to get primary light overdrive / dirty amp sound sorted first, unless your amp already delivers that!

I don't have an amp at the moment (no money or gigs) one will be purchased when my band are ready to play. Long story short, last band fell apart, hard to start from scratch with new members. 

I would like an always on drive pedal for certain songs, like my chorus 

9 minutes ago, Friskydingo said:

I don't have an amp at the moment (no money or gigs) one will be purchased when my band are ready to play. Long story short, last band fell apart, hard to start from scratch with new members. 

I would like an always on drive pedal for certain songs, like my chorus 

The Zoom boxes will give you this, and much more There is a B1-Four for sale on here for about £50 IIR.

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

My only (and big!) reservation with the versatile and amazing value for money Zoom multifx is that their drive sims seem to suck out the low end, certainly for me. 

I've never been happy with zoom. They do a lot of sounds that are at best adequate. So I won't be going down that route 

3 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

If you're going ampless and can't find a good deal on a VT Bass anywhere, the next best thing may be the Behringer BDI21. Yes, it's a Behringer. But it's a clone of the Sansamp Bass Driver and is a favourite among many around these parts!

I preferred it over the real thing for a long time. In fact i still prefer the BDI21 over my PBDDI, as that's based on the old version. Cant beat the V2 BDDI though.

29 minutes ago, simon88wilson said:

to be honest if you want the vt bass I wouldn't worry about the DI capabilities and just keep an eye out for a normal VT Bass.

Probably still more than I'd like to spend, looking at ebay prices. 

I'll more than likely go down the amp head and cabinet route and steer clear of di's as I'll have to bring my own p.a to venues

• 3 years later...