Why become a member? ×

Greetings

Bassfinger

Howdy.  A rock/blues bassist from Northamptonshire checking in.  I'm a fairly recent convert to bass, having previously been a keen guitarist of many years standing.  However, breaking my right elbow in an accident has left my with very limited feeling in my two outside fingers. 

Aside from meaning my typing is poor (sorry!) It was making a mess of my playing.  Thinking laterally,  Mrs Bassfinger bought me a bass guitar from Gear4Music last Christmas, and I've taken to it pretty well with my own DIY thumb and 2 fingers technique - her thought was there's a third less real estate to cover with my right hand and I would manage that better, and turns out she was right.  Don't tell her though...

Aside from having to relearn how to play, it's also given me a different perspective on listening to music.  Lime most of you lot, I'm now listening to the bassline first and foremost!

So I'm getting into it and progressing well enough that I'm considering selling my guitars and using the dosh to buy a better bass, although to be fair the Gear4Music bass (the Chicago model, if anyone is interested) is actually eminently playable and not bad sounding.

So here I am, seeking to learn more and expand my skills and abilities.

Chin chin.