Why become a member? ×

Any tips for selling gear??

jonnybass

Be prepared for time wasters.

I placed an ad for my TCE head last night. It stated i had my eye on something, and pick up from me in central London. Later that evening i had a PM from a guy in Spain telling me he has a PJ head he will trade for my BH800 🙄

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 2

I have a PA sub for sale at £550. I got an offer of £200 because all 2nd hand speakers are past their best. I told him he best not buy it then. He said no one will.

Be prepared for dickheads too.

Always post good pictures and indicate any faults/ damage.

The other thing is courier. If you can arrange a courier, you will probably get a better price. I'm not sure about insuance with couriers as they are all different

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, police squad said:

I have a PA sub for sale at £550. I got an offer of £200 because all 2nd hand speakers are past their best. I told him he best not buy it then. He said no one will.

Be prepared for dickheads too.

The other thing is courier. If you can arrange a courier, you will probably get a better price. I'm not sure about insuance with couriers as they are all different

I've had a similar experience. If someone thinks your asking price is high , and has no intention to buy it, don't broadcast your opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, police squad said:

This is key.

Take plenty of good photographs and be completely honest about condition. The dent or damage that you've lived with for years will turn into a major dispute with the buyer if you fail to mention or photograph it in your advert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1