Why become a member? ×

I wish he'd stop...

TheGreek

This is terribly sad. I've never seen what this guy does, but the briefest glimpse makes my heart sink. I'm particularly struck by the headstock 'decal' that's done with a bloody Bic biro. It's for the unsuspecting parents and relatives or the new guitarist who is conned by this rubbish. I once got scammed on a vintage Fender when I was first starting out and I'm still a little bitter about it (I didn't lose money, some strong words sorted it out).

49 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

This is terribly sad. I've never seen what this guy does, but the briefest glimpse makes my heart sink. I'm particularly struck by the headstock 'decal' that's done with a bloody Bic biro. It's for the unsuspecting parents and relatives or the new guitarist who is conned by this rubbish. I once got scammed on a vintage Fender when I was first starting out and I'm still a little bitter about it (I didn't lose money, some strong words sorted it out).

Yes, he is very good at making his work sound justified in his listing. In fact he is very good at writing his listings? I would imagine all that psuedo tech talk could sound impressive to some people. Feedback 99.8%?

1 hour ago, mentalextra said:

I understand that some people find his quirky style interesting, but i've not found a muso who feels he has saved/improved an instrument with his unique approach?

As with anything in the world, there's always someone out there who digs it, no matter how inexplicably.

While they may not be to everyone's taste, at least Wishbass and Krappy Guitars have their own wonky, rustic charm. His ones always have an air of that dog out of American Dad, with his eyes replaced with his balls!

Hang on...

This one.

americandadfrankendog.jpg.06ab6080605f596bf032829665ac8de7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Well his negative feedback is actually a bit misleading as the guy never intended to receive the guitar. His neutral feedback is from the poor sap who bought this knackered G4M cheapo acoustic for £260 delivered:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-neck-round-bowl-back-electro-acoustic-6-string-with-48mm-nut-width-/193007829184?nma=true&si=YuJND8lKl6NUBPOApUDaDXAtFxo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2 minutes ago, Baxlin said:

Out of a morbid desire to remind myself of this I’ve just clicked on the link again, only to see the note

'sorry you missed out on this item'

Have to say, I’m not.....

It’s the equivalent of rubber necking past a car accident, or watching X-Factor auditions. You know you shouldn’t, you know it’s cruel, you know there will be victims, you know it’s going to be messy, yet you can’t help but looking. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Well his negative feedback is actually a bit misleading as the guy never intended to receive the guitar. His neutral feedback is from the poor sap who bought this knackered G4M cheapo acoustic for £260 delivered:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-neck-round-bowl-back-electro-acoustic-6-string-with-48mm-nut-width-/193007829184?nma=true&si=YuJND8lKl6NUBPOApUDaDXAtFxo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Which seems to have started life as a 12-string