Why become a member? ×

Ashdown EVO III Combo - noise issue

glassmoon

Hi all

I recently bought an Ashdown EVO III 500 210 combo off eBay, and the amp is a win.  However, it's just recently started with this odd intermitent scratching noise.
I think I have zeroed in on the problem - it's the cable between the speakers and the amp - or the speakers themselves.
Neither input gain, nor output level has any baring whatsoever on the noise - nor does the EQ, or any other feature.  Quite literally, the cable can ge out, the levels all at zero and the sound is there.

Before I shell out for a repairman, I want to see if I can fix this myself - so, good people of the BCcommunity - your thoughts please?

Many thanks in advance.
Edited by glassmoon

Yeah - sorry about that - auto pilot when I type some times - and as you can see by the duplicated message, I was having browser issues too.  Sorted!

So - I have tried so many different things - including emailing Ashdown, but I will contact the, here too (thanks for that @Lozz196)

I want to open it up and try a different internal cable from the speakers to the unit itself to see how that works.  I don't have much gear with me as a recent emigree to the UK, my gear is in transit on the ocean (I hope) - whch would make my life so much easier...

Right - emailing Ashdown via BC (not TB)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

So, long story short.... I drove through to the Ashdown offices, had my amp repaired, had a lovely chat with with Guy and wasn't charged a penny!!!! 

I started off with Trace Elliot amps, then switched to Ashdown (that glorious silver faced unit) then made a brief move to an American brand, and then returned to Ashdown... This trip to the source aside, I can't see myself moving again. 

Thank you so much Guy and company for not only your stellar service, but the amazing relationship you have built. Love you all... 

@Ashdown Engineering

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

So, long story short.... I drove through to the Ashdown offices, had my amp repaired, had a lovely chat with with Guy and wasn't charged a penny!!!! 

I started off with Trace Elliot amps, then switched to Ashdown (that glorious silver faced unit) then made a brief move to an American brand, and then returned to Ashdown... This trip to the source aside, I can't see myself moving again. 

Thank you so much Guy and company for not only your stellar service, but the amazing relationship you have built. Love you all... 

@Ashdown Engineering

Thanks, good to hear we got you sorted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1