Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

hey guys!
I just registered to this forum.
I ve got an Alembic Epic 5strings that i might wanna trade cause i don t play it enough...Could be another 5 strings or a 4
It is from 91 , in a pretty good state . Plays great and very good for recordings. I just don t feel for it when i play live.
I ll take some pictures later on

[quote name='lefthandedfrog' post='391530' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:10 AM']hey guys!
I just registered to this forum.
I ve got an Alembic Epic 5strings that i might wanna trade cause i don t play it enough...Could be another 5 strings or a 4
It is from 91 , in a pretty good state . Plays great and very good for recordings. I just don t feel for it when i play live.
I ll take some pictures later on[/quote]

Good to meet you, pics always welcomed! Will update the thread for thee

Hi all,
My left handed Bassix Tech upright is available for £700.00 plus postage. Comes with gigbag. These are £995 new.
Bought new summer 2008 but I have only gigged it once and due to a turnaround of gear I need to get some cash in.
All composite. Sounds more authentic to an upright than an NS (which I owned before this).
Pin is removable for easy transportation.
Any questions please ask.
Josh... please can you list this on the opening post for me.

Edited by whynot

[quote name='yorick' post='393692' date='Jan 28 2009, 02:28 PM']WTF is that?[/quote]

From what I read the first few strings are bass strings, the rest are guitar ones - The fanned fretting is madness!

MIDI enabled too, you could control a whole orchestra from one guitar. Cool.

Edit: From the Ad:
LEFTY SEI BASS PALLADINO 8 STRING - w/MIDI
Feeling adventurous? Gorgeous, amazing... Custom Jazz shape 8 string bass/guitar similar to original one built for Pino Palladino (Charlie Hunter also plays this setup too) consisting of 3 bass strings E A D and 5 guitar A D G B E, fully MIDI compatible, custom made Kent Armstrong pickups buckeye burl facing FAN frets to give different scale lengths 25" on guitar side 28" on the bass side, reso acoustic saddles give the steel string guitar sound... also has dual outputs for bass & guitar pickups.
$4k

Edited by Biggsy

[quote name='lefthandedfrog' post='393047' date='Jan 27 2009, 06:49 PM']Eventually! How old is it? And how is the set up and feeling of it?
I surelly could use a black beauty w/ a maple fingerboard[/quote]

Don't think its too old, don't know for certain to be honest. As an absolute guess I wouldn't say any older than 2004. Its got 3 small dings (about 4mm each of them).
As for set up, I've restrung it with elixirs and its great for slappin and fingerstyle too, but my new stingray is too similar to it for me to warrant having two of them which is why I'm moving this on. The neck is nice and small, although I've got used to chunkier necks so its not my thing anymore unfortunately. Really nice to play on, was my main gigging bass over my teal Ray before I got my Pre-eb, so i hope that gives an indication!

Josh

[quote name='josh3184' post='393762' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:39 PM']Don't think its too old, don't know for certain to be honest. As an absolute guess I wouldn't say any older than 2004. Its got 3 small dings (about 4mm each of them).
As for set up, I've restrung it with elixirs and its great for slappin and fingerstyle too, but my new stingray is too similar to it for me to warrant having two of them which is why I'm moving this on. The neck is nice and small, although I've got used to chunkier necks so its not my thing anymore unfortunately. Really nice to play on, was my main gigging bass over my teal Ray before I got my Pre-eb, so i hope that gives an indication!

Josh[/quote]

Hmmm ok... I guess it s not the piezo bridge model? The trade seems a bit unbalanced then... May i see pics of the dings?

Hey lefties
I posted in the main forum that I am looking for a Left Handed 5 string Jazz Bass, Ash Body/Maple fboard, 19mm bridge spacing, but didn't get much response so thought I'd directly ask some of my fellow Lefties if the know of any.
My budget is around £700-900 and I had in mind to get KenSmithDesign 70's 5 string.
This is my first 5 string and I am just looking for suggestions and othe options available.
thanks

[quote name='lefthandedfrog' post='393774' date='Jan 28 2009, 03:57 PM']Hmmm ok... I guess it s not the piezo bridge model? The trade seems a bit unbalanced then... May i see pics of the dings?[/quote]

What trade? ;)
Pics as soon as I can find that chuffing lead for my flipping phone. ARGGGGGHHHH WHERE DID YOU GO?

[quote name='krzysztof' post='393858' date='Jan 28 2009, 05:30 PM']Hey lefties
I posted in the main forum that I am looking for a Left Handed 5 string Jazz Bass, Ash Body/Maple fboard, 19mm bridge spacing, but didn't get much response so thought I'd directly ask some of my fellow Lefties if the know of any.
My budget is around £700-900 and I had in mind to get KenSmithDesign 70's 5 string.
This is my first 5 string and I am just looking for suggestions and othe options available.
thanks[/quote]There was some 5 string KSD lefty jazz basses for sale in the for sale forum for about £550

[quote name='josh3184' post='393875' date='Jan 28 2009, 05:49 PM']Pics as soon as I can find that chuffing lead for my flipping phone. ARGGGGGHHHH WHERE DID YOU GO?[/quote]
Josh, I have some pictures of those marks. As I had the bass offered to me before you bought it. Let me have your email address if you've not taken pictures already.