Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='josh3184' post='375553' date='Jan 9 2009, 07:16 PM']success! the lefty thread already reaps dividends after only 3 days! How long have you been trying to get rid of the Rick turner now mate? :P
Would be nice to hear what Wildus thinks of it too of course :)[/quote]
Hi Josh this is a great thread
Don't have any lefty's to trade but will be checking this place out to see what come's up
The rick turner is a very nice bass the neck is a pleasure to play & has some great tone
Metaltime is a top man he has some nice basses & makes great freshly ground coffee ;)

[quote name='wildus' post='384211' date='Jan 18 2009, 06:05 PM']Hi Josh this is a great thread
Don't have any lefty's to trade but will be checking this place out to see what come's up
The rick turner is a very nice bass the neck is a pleasure to play & has some great tone
Metaltime is a top man he has some nice basses & makes great freshly ground coffee ;)[/quote]

Thanks mate.

Heres an idea why dont we add to a wanted section on the first post. I got the idea from Arnis post. For example i would be interested in getting hold of a thumb 5 string.

What do peole think?

could do but I'm worried of it getting all clogged up to be honest, I'm usually gassing for four or five different things at any one time to be honest ;) Tell you what, I'll add it right at the bottom but if it gets too big i might have to get rid.
Sound good?
Hows the $$ by the way?

Edited by josh3184

[quote name='steve-soar' post='384240' date='Jan 18 2009, 06:45 PM']The 'Ray is lovely, I bet you couldn't believe it, leaving the Zoot for this. Did you have to put money toward the deal?[/quote]

I didn't actually- to be honest I'd value them both at about the same price but the advantage of the ray is that its only going to increase in price as time goes on- something that sits wonderfully in my money grabbing mind ;)

Edited by josh3184

[quote name='josh3184' post='384312' date='Jan 18 2009, 08:20 PM']Hows the $$ by the way?[/quote]

I havnt got it Biggsy was looking for a replacment and maybe thinking about going for a trade so the deals on hold.

I say try it and if it dosnt work then fine. It could be for people who are only in the market to buy rather than something your gassing over. you get me?

Also after getting a very nice warwick head from wildus i am probably going to sell my other amp which consists of SVP preamp, ADA 500 watt power amp in a rack. Just a feeler right now but if anyone would like to trade for my amp with a bass with cash either way let me know.

Sorry to be such a pain with the $$; I was hoping to replace it with something better, and now having given it some thought the only things I would consider are Fenders, Ricks, Custom / High-end Warwicks and Stingrays. Josh's Ray would be first on my list, but on paper it's an equateable bass.. The $$ is actually more flexible so I'd want to A/B the basses next to eachother before making a decision!

The jabbering above is irrelivant anyway as sensibility prevailed and I went and bought a new car.. Come the 25th of the month and I should be in the market again though, so I'll edit my original post.

A $$ will never approach a stingray for the tone a stingray gets with its bridge pickup- and its playability! Never known a more slappable bass and fingerstyle is a dream. Its all about the neck pickup with the $$, its more flexible and does most things to a good extent so I suppose it would be best used if you need to change your tone for each song. Want me to take it off the list in the meantime?

Edited by josh3184

Thanks for understanding Andy, next time I respond to a wanted ad I'll give it more consideration!

Josh, if you could leave it on the list for now that'd be great, I'd still like to hear some more trade offers. However I don't think yours will be beat! Would you consider a p/x with your new Stingray?! ;)

It's a '96/7 MGF, British racing green with a lot of miles. Had new clutch & uprated freelander head gasket as well (the expensive bits!) in the last few hundred miles. Relatively cheap insurance for a really fun car!

I'll add pictures if you're even mildly interested!

You big tease :P

I'd be the same to be honest, that's definately a keeper you've found! Wisely done.

On the other hand, I would like to swap the $$ for your EB Stingray. That's two off the list so plenty of room for some wanted ads - which I reckon's a great idea ;)

Andy, there's a lefty Thumb 5 for sale on Talkbass, I've spoken to the guy and he'd ship to the UK as long as you pay for shipping, and he's asking $1000 ONO: [url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6783709"]Here[/url]

Edited by Biggsy

[quote name='pobolycwm' post='390766' date='Jan 25 2009, 07:27 AM']gonna have about 150-200 quid in my paypal account weds or thursday any suggestions for a beginner[/quote]
My Chase Elite bass for £70.00 including gigbag and postage. I think new they are around £150. Details are a couple of pages back.
I used it a couple of times in a pro dance band. very lightweight, sounded fine for all styles and very easy to play.
More pictures available if anyone is interested.