Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

Ok so I've found myself fiending over a jazz I've seen, depending on how fast I get some interest on this I could be willing to let it go for say £550...?...
UPDATE
checked out my serial number and this bass was manufactured in 94/95.

No longer for sale sorry. The jazz went :-(
Possibly still consider a trade though.

[IMG]http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u555/Matty_Pearce/2013-02-07195325_zps891b6154.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u555/Matty_Pearce/2013-02-07195443_zpsa107f72e.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by felpsy

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1358160930' post='1933871']
My Japanese Fender P 57' reissue is finally going to have to go!

Something has come up which I want and I now operate a strictly 1 in 1 out rule, as the new bass will replace this in day to day terms it is the P to go.

Photos to come.

I will be asking for £600
[/quote]

Is this still for sale? Pics?

This could be my quickest turnaround in bass acquisition/selling history.
I used it on a gig last night and as much as I liked it I was missing my 5 string and low B big time, hence this post.
Soundwise it covered everything very well from ballads to rock to funk. This thing cuts through the mix no problem.
If you like big bodied heavy basses, stay away.
If you like smallish bodied lightweight, this may be for you.
Virtually brand new Spector Rebop 4 MM.
I purchased it off a friend in the States. He ordered it about 7 months before receiving it, in the meantime acquired another bass or 2, so when this arrived it was surplus to requirements.
Below is a link to the Spector site for all specifications and a rather nice looking lady demoing it, although the bass can cover more ground in sound than she's showing.
The pickup was upgraded at the Spector factory from a HZ to an EMG MM.
All original and stock strings still fresh!
It was originally delivered in a box by Spector, so no case or gigbag I'm afraid.

http://www.spectorbass.com/Euro-NS-BO/rebop4mm.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blkrjAa4kvI

I'm looking for £850 for this. Would prefer collection so potential buyer can see/try the bass before buying, or postage within the UK please add £20.00. Sorry prices are firm as I'm happy to keep this bass hanging around the house for a while.
I can provide more pictures from my mates original sale post is you pm me your email address.
Thanks for looking.

[quote name='whynot' timestamp='1361097714' post='1980900']
This could be my quickest turnaround in bass acquisition/selling history.
I used it on a gig last night and as much as I liked it I was missing my 5 string and low B big time, hence this post.
Soundwise it covered everything very well from ballads to rock to funk. This thing cuts through the mix no problem.
If you like big bodied heavy basses, stay away.
If you like smallish bodied lightweight, this may be for you.
Virtually brand new Spector Rebop 4 MM.
I purchased it off a friend in the States. He ordered it about 7 months before receiving it, in the meantime acquired another bass or 2, so when this arrived it was surplus to requirements.
Below is a link to the Spector site for all specifications and a rather nice looking lady demoing it, although the bass can cover more ground in sound than she's showing.
The pickup was upgraded at the Spector factory from a HZ to an EMG MM.
All original and stock strings still fresh!
It was originally delivered in a box by Spector, so no case or gigbag I'm afraid.

http://www.spectorbass.com/Euro-NS-BO/rebop4mm.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blkrjAa4kvI

I'm looking for £850 for this. Would prefer collection so potential buyer can see/try the bass before buying, or postage within the UK please add £20.00. Sorry prices are firm as I'm happy to keep this bass hanging around the house for a while.
I can provide more pictures from my mates original sale post is you pm me your email address.
Thanks for looking.

[/quote]

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.

In order to fund ludicrously expensive carbon parts for my bicycle, I have to thin my dwindling herd. So I'm offering for sale my Fender Modern Player Telecaster Bass in Butterscotch Blonde, with maple fretboard. You'll notice it's right handed! I bought the bass because I love the style of these, but of course they don't make 'em for us lefties. It was nearly new when I bought it, it had been a shop display. I had the bass professionally flipped and setup by Jon Haire Guitar Services here in Peterborough. This involved a new nut and fret dress and maybe some other work I can't remember. In addition, I had the control knobs shortened so they don't interfere with my playing. Basically I did everything I could to make the bass as playable as possible for a left hander.

Here's a link to the bass on Fender's website:

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/series/modern-player/modern-player-telecaster-bass/

The bass is in excellent condition. There are a couple of small marks that I have photographed. There are no marks that aren't clearly visible in the photos. Price £275 including as new Ashton gig bag, plus postage. If posted, the bass would be packaged in the gig bag and well protected inside a box.

Testing the water No.988 - thinking aloud, I've got a mint two year old passive sunburst left handed Nordstrand VJ5 but the voices are telling me to [i]go back[/i] to either a Warwick Streamer 5 or a Musicman Stingray 5, I need my head reading but I'm just not using the VJ5 and using actives again. I'd value this bass circa £1950.

The voices say unmolested lefty MMSR5, Streamer 5 (not lx) or similar (not Sandberg, Bongo). EDIT: actually, come to think of it I'd also be interested in Alembic SC or Fender Jazz custom shop 60's, Ampeg B15 ??!!!!

'Go back' as in yes - I've been here before and sold them. Any interest to anyone ? feel free to PM me for more specs/pics/details etc.

Edited by mxm

Not sure, but I may sell one or several of my basses:

from left to right:
- 2001 Musicman Stingray5 --> 1300€
- 2002 Musicman Stingray4
- Ibanez ATK300 --> 330€
- Maruszczyk Mr.Tee custom --> 750€

I keep the Stingray4, all the rest might go :)

If you're interested in any of them, send me a pm. Sale or trade offers are welcomed.

Edited by 21iozz

[quote name='21iozz' timestamp='1361626785' post='1988449']
Not sure, but I may sell one or several of my basses:

from left to right:
- 2001 Musicman Stingray5
- 2002 Musicman Stingray4
- Ibanez ATK300
- Maruszczyk Mr.Tee custom

I keep the Stingray4, all the rest might go :)

If you're interested in any of them, send me a pm. Sale or trade offers are welcomed.
[/quote]

You need to list prices if you want to sell items in these forums. There is a sticky about it 'Rule Changes to Marketplace, 36 hr bumping and trade valuations'.

Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a 5-String Lefty. At the moment I would be really into a warwick with humbucker ($$,Jazzman) but you can offer me anything if you want to (bridge Humbucker would be fine, but maybe someone got a very special bass I might also like). :)