Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

• 2 weeks later...

Throwoff if you have about $3000 you could get the streamer on arni's site! I nearly fell off my chair when I got the reply from him!!!!!!.

There must be some kind of equality law when it comes to being ripped off for being special (left handed) !!!!!!!!

[quote name='patch006' timestamp='1323711779' post='1466128']
Throwoff if you have about $3000 you could get the streamer on arni's site! I nearly fell off my chair when I got the reply from him!!!!!!.

There must be some kind of equality law when it comes to being ripped off for being special (left handed) !!!!!!!!
[/quote]

blimey is that what he wants? dont get me wrong its a nice one but if I want an 80's one I want the one piece bridge lawsuit headstock version, I would rather spend 2k (less with a haggle) on the Stage II at bass gallery.

Im in for a lefty bash!

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1323823020' post='1467579']
I would only buy a Stage I if it were the old old one.[/quote]

This one is as old as they're gonna get. It's one of the first ever made, and quite possibly the first ever lefty. Still has the Spector headstock, pre-lawsuit. I agree though, 7k is rediculous. I would pick a Stage II over it as well.

Oh hang on! I was looking at wrong streamer, I thought this was an 88 I had seen.

Ok, its desirable but not to 7k.

Mind you USA Warwick second hand prices are much stronger than in UK.
I saw a right handed thumb BO sell on ebay recently in USA for $1400, in the UK what would that be worth? 700 maybe?

Hey guys,

I only recently picked this up from BassMonster on here, and let me first of all say I am VERY happy with it. It quickly became my go to bass and just feels and sounds perfect. I am in no hurry to let it go or to sell in anway.

I do however really want a 5 string, ideally a Warwick and this is all I feel I would be happy to trade from the 4 String stable (the other two have a sentimental value beyond any sale price)

Please no Rockbasses! I will only trade for a German one although tickle me with non Warwicks if you have something that might suit.

Specs -

4 String Corvette
French Violet Oil
Active 2 band
Passive MEC pickups
Ash body
Ovangkol Neck
Wenge Fingerboard

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/throwoff/Warwickfront.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/throwoff/stock.jpg[/IMG]

Guy' s just a warning for any one looking at the SEI on ebay, i phoned sei basses to check its history to be told they know nothing about it!!! I then emailed the seller to ask more questions and tell them what sei had said and as yet have had no reply!!

Not saying its not genuine but you can make your own judgement!

Even without the comment from SeiBass I'd have been suspicious of this:

1. Looks to me like a bog standard 90's Fender HSC.

2. The headstock 'logo' looks, just, wrong.

3. It's hard to tell from the slightly blurred photos (which is a bit of a problem in itself) but as far as I can see the quality simply isn't up to it.

4. The price - sub £500 for a 'vintage and rare' Sei? I don't think so.

Later edit: look at the back of the headstock. FFS! :huh:

Edited by leftybassman392

• 2 weeks later...