Why become a member? ×

Invisible bass!

mcnach

I had a theramin briefly a few years ago. It was great fun but it's not as easy as it looks & I didn't get past the 'ghostly noises' stage in the few weeks I had it.

I bought it as it was very cheap in the local trash converters (even before I knocked them down a tenner). I recognised it as a US made burns B3 model & I made a tidy profit putting it on ebay.

• Haha 1

As usual, unusual skills non understood by usual people. Don't try this at home or you'll quickly know you have no ears nor skills. Sarcastic or angry no, simply realist and so tired.

It's brilliant playing and approach of the most difficult instrument to play music with.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

As usual, unusual skills non understood by usual people. Don't try this at home or you'll quickly know you have no ears nor skills. Sarcastic or angry no, simply realist and so tired.

It's brilliant playing and approach of the most difficult instrument to play music with.

She is extremely skillful

• Like 2

The Listening Service on Radio 3is always a great listen. This episode on electronic music has a good section on the Theremin (and also on the development of synthesisers in general...).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b09dxbfg

Release Date: 12 Nov 2017
Available for over a year

“Tom Service investigates the rise of the synthesizer. How did this initially crude assemblage of electrical components develop in a few decades to become one of the most ubiquitous and flexible of musical instruments? He consults Peter Zinovieff, inventor of the first British commercially-available synthesizer (the VCS3, made in his garden shed in Putney); and also young composer/performer Hannah Peel, who likes to work with the sound of vintage analogue synths.”