Why become a member? ×

Robin 2 this saturday!!!

Mr Fudge

The humble covers band I play with every week ( The Busby Babes) will be doing our annual Robin 2 gig in Bilston, near Wolverhampton this Saturday. This is our "Wembley Stadium" gig and have been able to fill the place (600 people) for the last 2 years. The proceedings from the event go to a local charity and the night is always about playing some great music, having a bit of a party and having lots and lots of fun.

This year we MIGHT be joined for the last 3 songs by a very famous bass player. We will play 3 songs from his former bands canon to end the night. I wont know if this is definate until 6.30 on the night. If it happens I will of course post pics. Im reluctant to name him because I don't want egg on my face, or anything else for that matter if he is a no show. In true Dusty Bin style I would let you all now after the event. If he does turn up Im demoted to acoustic guitar and a spot of keyboards.

Needless to say you are all invited and please feel free to speculate.

See you all Saturday :)

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='372110' date='Jan 6 2009, 03:44 PM']The humble covers band I play with every week ( The Busby Babes) will be doing our annual Robin 2 gig in Bilston, near Wolverhampton this Saturday. This is our "Wembley Stadium" gig and have been able to fill the place (600 people) for the last 2 years. The proceedings from the event go to a local charity and the night is always about playing some great music, having a bit of a party and having lots and lots of fun.

This year we MIGHT be joined for the last 3 songs by a very famous bass player. We will play 3 songs from his former bands canon to end the night. I wont know if this is definate until 6.30 on the night. If it happens I will of course post pics. Im reluctant to name him because I don't want egg on my face, or anything else for that matter if he is a no show. In true Dusty Bin style I would let you all now after the event. If he does turn up Im demoted to acoustic guitar and a spot of keyboards.

Needless to say you are all invited and please feel free to speculate.

See you all Saturday :)[/quote]

Have a good one guys. Don't think I'll be able to get down but hey, things may change! Have fun!

[quote name='paul h' post='373784' date='Jan 8 2009, 07:37 AM']Is it me?[/quote]

Yes it is. We felt six years of carnage was not enough for you and would like to do it one more time. We will have an operative waiting stage right with your bag of flour.

Jimmy Lea is a bit warmer in a regional way, and also the 70's would have been the heyday for our potential mystery guest.

I am now offering a first prize of a banana for the first correct answer.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='373882' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:12 AM']Yes it is. We felt six years of carnage was not enough for you and would like to do it one more time. We will have an operative waiting stage right with your bag of flour.

Jimmy Lea is a bit warmer in a regional way, and also the 70's would have been the heyday for our potential mystery guest.

I am now offering a first prize of a banana for the first correct answer.[/quote]

I'm thinking of bass players quite close to Bilston, from the 70s... 1976 Couldn't Get It Right, Climax Blues Band, Stafford.... Derek Holt?