Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* - Bridge Cetus
£1695
Brighton, East Sussex

Up for sale is my Bridge Cetus, a stunning instrument  that I bought new from Promenade Music in 2018. It has never been gigged or even left my flat, subsequently it is in pretty much new condition. I am selling this with regret as a result of wrist issues that due to an pre-existing condition, are making it very difficult for me to progress on the instrument.

Here are the specs taken from the Bridge Violins website:

Body: hollow moulded bodyshell, from carbon fibre and kevlar composites

Headstock and neck: The neck and headstock are carved from a single maple block. The
headstock design is a modified copy of the 1710 Stradivari Viola da Gamba head. The neck is hand coloured and finished with oils, for a fast, smooth, traditional finish.

Fingerboard: Ebony fingerboard

Machine Heads: brass Tyrolean style engraved brass plate machine heads

Nut: Ebony nut.

Bridge:
The Bridge pick up system is encapsulated within the bridge, designed
by Bridge.

Tailpiece: ebony tailpiece.

Endpin: Basses use an ebony plug, notched steel rod with brass screw and ferrule, and
removable rubber protector.

ELECTRONICS

Bridge Pick-Up System
:
The pickup system is designed by Bridge and unique to these instruments. It uses a piezo crystal configuration giving an accurate acoustic sound with an even tone. The pickup uses all mechanical movements of the instrument to generate its acoustic sound.

Bridge Active Circuitry: has a sophisticated active circuitry dedicated to the frequency range of the instrument, uses a 9V battery giving approx 3000 hours playing time.

This bass has a surprisingly natural and woody tone for an instrument with a carbon fibre body, it's the best sounding  EUB around in my opinion. You'll notice that the back plate that houses the 9V battery cavity is lined with Blu Tack; this is not to mask a defect, it was done because the back panel is made of light material and vibrated slightly when I played certain notes on the instrument unplugged. This slight buzz was not audible when it was played amplified.

Not looking for trades, just a sale please. As you can see, the soft case the bass came with offers little in the way of protection so it's collection only from the Preston Park area of Brighton. The bass comes with the aforementioned soft case, a horsehair German Double Bass bow and some rosin. These basses don't come up for sale very often - this one is in practically new condition, they  go for £3,250 new.  Come and try it out yourself. Message me with any questions or for additional pictures.

Here's my feedback:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/

IMG_1665 small.jpg

IMG_1693 small.jpg

IMG_1691 small.jpg

IMG_1679 small.jpg

IMG_1676 small.jpg

IMG_1700 small.jpg

IMG_1683 small.jpg

IMG_1675 small.jpg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting looking EUB. Wish you lived closer - so I could nip around for a try.....
Don't know if anyone else on here has one of these? But they appear to be very "natural" acoustic-sounding instruments.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...