Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Alembic Brown Bass - as new £3400
£3400
North West

three

The bass is now sold subject to payment - however, if you have an interest, please let me know 

Alembic Brown Bass from 2002 but almost unplayed - perhaps 10-20 hours use in studio and at home only.  In perfect, as new condition.  

30.75" scale

Anniversary Electronics (stereo - stereo cable provided)

In original case - again in perfect, as new condition

Pro set-up with d'Addario 45-105 rounds 

Walnut facings with myrtle core - beautiful figuring and flame in both.  The neck is 5 piece and constructed from mahogany, birch and maple - the neck is reasonably slender and a dream to play.  The bass has a rubbed oil finish throughout

Brass and ebony string retainer - unusual and lovely feature found on the BB and only a few other early models

Sounds pretty biblical, plays beautifully with a low action.  No paperwork (this wasn't supplied though the bass is entirely legitimate and registered with Alembic).  Comes with adjustment tools, guarantee card and manual.

The cheapest that I have seen one of these new is around £8.5k - common pricing is around £9k (if you can find one).  Price is £3400 and I'm pretty firm on this (to be honest, it's probably a bit of a bargain, especially for anybody buying in Euros or Dollars).  The bass for sale is in outstanding condition and I really can't see any marks whatsoever.  Collection in NW England is highly preferable and I may be able to travel to mainline stations for expenses.  I can ship to UK, Europe and most of Continental Europe at the buyer's expense - insurance also at the buyer's expense.  Bank Transfer or cash on collection.

Images here are rather poor and just a small selection - I have many tens if not hundreds - please let me know if you need something specific and I'll try to upload better pics later.

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0059 2.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0496.JPG

Edited by three
  • Like 6