Why become a member? ×

Best budget guitar bass hard cases?

kingforaday

We’re looking at hiring out guitars/basses at the rehearsal/recording studios I manage... gradually getting them together on minimal budget (CIC - Not For Profit organisation) 

we’re going to need guitar & bass cases, which I could gradually pickup secondhand (as I am with the guitars themselves - all squier/epiphone kinda level at the moment to test the waters) but I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions of cheap but robust hard cases? 

I was toying with the idea of the gear4music foam ones but I’m a bit concerned about the zips falling apart 

49 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

I’d look out for 2nd hand Hiscox cases, used they’re usually around £70 and it’s money well spent imo.

Yeah for sure, I’d rather have things that will last, so perhaps 2nd hand is the best bet... just might take a while. I was hoping someone might know of a budget bargain brand or something that I’d missed 

Thomann's budget hard cases are pretty good, though at around £40, they aren't the cheapest. 

Had a Thomann gig bag for a Thunderbird I bought a while back, and that was pretty good. Not the best, but durable, and looks like it would take a beating. Have a Thomann bag for my MultiFX, and that's really good.

I had a Thomann ABS case many moons ago and it was extremely good for the money, was much cheaper than the £56 they cost now though but are definitely made of strong stuff. Mine was run over by our fully loaded van (all old heavy PA gear and lights too!) and the Warwick inside it was completely unscathed, in fact aside from a crack in the ABS the case was fully functional afterwards too. I'd say that's a pretty good test!

Also had one of the foam zip up ones (Warwick Rockcase) which was surprisingly good.

If the Blake gigbags are suitable shoot me a pm, been thinking of offloading a couple as I just use them for storage now and I need to clear some basses out (to buy more obviously).