Why become a member? ×

Long time lurker

Groatsworth

Hi all,

I've been drawing pearls of wisdom from this forum for years - it's informed many purchases and enduced some nasty bouts of gas. I'm finally taking the plunge and making myself known.

I played some terrible prog rock as a teen, cheesy indie in my early twenties but have more recently been playing trumpet in a brass band.

I'd love to gig on bass again - ideally in a funk band. Watch this space.

Now I've introduced myself, I'm off to the post office to collect a new-to-me Yamaha BB425.

Groatsworth

• Like 1

As promised: NBD!

I love the bridge pick up! It's an absolute beast! Was initially overpowering the P which was completely unexpected, but after tweaking pick up height they seem nicely balanced.

I'm new to 5 strings, it needed a fair bit of setting up (still does), there are some sharp fret ends above the 12th, and the strings are beautifully gunked up with some other guy's skin, but...with a bit of love, I think it could be a thing of beauty.

And of course, the picture:

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Love the Warwick Dolphin in your Avatar...

It's an amazing instrument - it was my main bass for nearly a decade. In the last year it hasn't had the attention it deserves though. I'm just feeling more of a connection with my precision.

I'm becoming more traditional in my old age and coming close to selling the Dolphin. I worry I'd miss it though - I have a lot of good memories.