Why become a member? ×

Songs you never tire of.

spectoremg

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

I think they are so good, the first time I heard fireworks their voices just blew me away, I think I’ve seen everything by them on YouTube 🙂

Saw them live twice last year. They absolutely blew me away. At the end of the second gig, the guy next to me turned to me and said ”how good were they?”. Probably my favourite current band, along with Radiohead.

BTW, the second gig they were supported by The Staves. Good grief, they can sing. “Blood I Bled” would be another song I never tire of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4000 said:

Saw them live twice last year. They absolutely blew me away. At the end of the second gig, the guy next to me turned to me and said ”how good were they?”. Probably my favourite current band, along with Radiohead.

BTW, the second gig they were supported by The Staves. Good grief, they can sing. “Blood I Bled” would be another song I never tire of.

I would definitely go and see them live 🙂

• Like 1

Radio Friendly? Depends which programs you listen to. For me it's anything recorded out of the Stax, Fame, Hi, Atlantic, All American, J&M, Cosimo, Muscle Shoals, Chess, Malaco and Motown studios in the 60' and 70's.

That's anything  from Mustang Sally, to Respect Yourself, via Heard It Through The Grapevine, Spoonful, Do Right Woman, The Night Time Is The Right Time, Mr Big Stuff, Take Me To The River etc.

• Like 2

Totally subscribe to the Indian philosophy of music for time of day and season, so yesterday arriving at work (a Friday) facing another few months of work before a weekend off and a holiday required the following-

Gallows Pole- Led Zeppelin

Go With the Flow- QOTSA

I'm Waiting for the Man- Velvet Underground 

• Like 1

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel, always makes me feel good. As does Lola Montez - Volbeat. The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin has a wonderful melancholy about it, which is then easily lifted by Over The Hills And Far Away (what a great album House of the Holy is). Cliffs Of Dover - Eric Johnson never seems to get old to my ears, as does pretty much anything from the first Bad Company album. 

To be honest, there are way more more tunes that give me joy than those that make me want to eject the radio out of the nearest window; probably why I'm a musician.

6 hours ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Have you seen the version Jon did with Todmobile?  Absolutely spine tingling!!

Yep, it’s absolutely incredible, probably better than any live version I’ve ever seen Yes (who are my favourite band) do. Rick in particular never seems to use the right key sounds at the end to me, ironic as he played on the original. It needs that massive organ (titter ye not!😂).

• Like 1

See..??? That's why music is so great...

Some of the stuff listed makes me cringe, some of it is just fantastic...Music is so subjective, what squeezes my melons may not yours...

Here's a few that do it for me...

Loving you - Millie Rippington
Tears of a clown - Smokey Robinson or The Beat
Quiet Life - Japan
I refuse - Hue & Cry
Riding on a train - The Pasadenas
Jumping someone else's train - The Cure

...and that's without consulting my music collection...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Not heard that band in a long time. I remember meeting Dave Greenslade and Tony Reeves at a Burns demo in a local hotel back in late 70's. Some great basslines in Greenslade by Mr Reeves. Bought the album mainly for the basslines.

Dave

• Like 1

Seasons.(waiting on you) by Future Islands.

first time I ever heard it was when this performance was sent to me.

Absolutely love this band and their lead singer is just very charismatic; looks like he should be a geography teacher. But the passion in the performance, no arrogance - just performance.