Why become a member? ×

SOLD- 1970's Musema laminated double bass
£700
Peterborough

For sale or trade is my 1970's Musema laminated double bass that I purchased from Timothy Batchelar stringed Instruments in Leicester. The original add is still on Tim's website which can be found here: http://www.batchelar.com/index.html I've attached a pic of it too (Basil !).

I always wanted to try double bass and this was my treat to myself. It sounds lovely even with my poor pizzicato but I do not use it enough and have decided to focus on my electric so it's time to move it on. Trades for 4 string fretted basses will be considered with cash either way an option.

I've taken pics to show the repair on the neck and a little patch, excuse my ignorance but if there are other areas I should have taken shots of please let me know. With regard to the neck damage I have had the bass 2 years and it has been no trouble at all, Tim advised he has known the bass along time and he was confident in the repair. It comes complete with stand, bow, rosin, one nasty case and one less nasty case for padding but with a broken zip. Happy for anyone with a serious interest to come and try it. I can deliver it safely within an hour of PE8 or further afield for the cost of diesel.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
topic title reinstated