Why become a member? ×

chorus pedal recommends

Soledad

On 06/10/2019 at 11:13, Defo said:

The current CEB3 is the best yet, I wouldn't migrate to the CE5 personally.

The CE-2B  - the original and still the best.

I have a custom made COG clone on my board now as I seem to have lost my CE-2B at some point.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

The 5 gets much more use in bands.

That swings it. Spoke to Andertons and as the CEB3 was on back-order, have swapped to a CE5 (in stock too). The hi and lo pass control really appeals - to adjust treble cutoff which is where I started from. I really suspect they are both good but it's the dual-concentric on the right that I fancy.

10 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I suppose I agree, quite toppy does describe it!

Must say it's a great pedal for the tenner it cost me (secondhand). I'll keep it and prob use at home. With the active fretless straight throuth the BCH1 I can get a good chorus sound without the toppy problem, but it doesn't work well with the fretted on my pedalboard.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GisserD said:

Cant believe the chorusaurus hasn't been mentioned here. Its lovley!

me too. Must say not blown away with the CE5 yet. It might be a small nudge better than my Harley B, but that just makes the Harley look pretty damn good - esp for the tenner I paid to a fellow BCer.

CEB3 then??? I'm on budget shut down til I sell a couple of basses. I'll stick with the CE5... for a few days at least :)

My favourite chorus on Bass is actually a delay pedal! What? 🤔

Yes - the Alter Ego V1 with the legendary 2290 MOD preset and the delay turned off... ta da! There are also chorus toneprints for the flashback delay that work with Alter Ego.

They don't come cheap, even on the used market, but a pedal which does delay, delay with chorus and just chorus might be an option....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SimonEdward said:

My favourite chorus on Bass is actually a delay pedal! What? 🤔

Yes - the Alter Ego V1 with the legendary 2290 MOD preset and the delay turned off... ta da! There are also chorus toneprints for the flashback delay that work with Alter Ego.

They don't come cheap, even on the used market, but a pedal which does delay, delay with chorus and just chorus might be an option....

Interesting option, thanks for sharing this.

Thinking outside the box!

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 23:08, SimonEdward said:

Sounds interesting - but I've sunk £75 in the CE5 so I will keep with that for a bit. I did like the TC chorus toneprint in my old 250 head - I sold that for less than a new Alter Ego which makes me think (something, not sure what).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My update on this. Got the CE5 as mentioned above and just find it a bit toppy no matter what settings I have tried. Or you filter the top and lose most of the effect. Sitting in its box at the moment.
Then very recently got a TC 550 head with 2 toneprint channels. Loaded the TC Classic chorus which I had known from a BH250 I had a while ago. That works brilliantly I reckon - I don't really go beyond about 11 oclock on the toneprint knob, plus it has the switch pedal. I've put a phaser on the second print channel.

So my vote to myself right now is TC - either a BH head with toneprint slots or their toneprint capable pedal (because there are some really good pre-set prints available and it saves a lot of knob twiddling).

• Like 1