Why become a member? ×

Accugroove Tri-112L Pairing with ????

GreeneKing

My bass mojo having returned after a couple of years I've been sorting out some of my gear. I'm actually meeting up with some guys tonight to get back into some 'mutual practice' that may or may not lead to something further.

I sold my Mark Bass LMII, my Tube 500 and EAD 212 (the EAD was a wrench). I've been using a TC Electronic BG250 (15' driver) for home practice for years but I'm under no illusions that it'll compete with a real drummer and 'enthusiastic' lead guitard etc.

I've now got a EBS HD350 head courtesy of Lee (Lee650) and I bought a Accugroove Tri-112L. They sound absolutely lovely in my front room and I'm very impressed. The Accugroove is a bit special methinks and compares with the EAD in having a decent 6" mid range driver and a proper crossover.

Ideally I'd like another Accugroove but they seem rarer than hen's teeth. I've placed a wanted ad in here. Tonight will tell but I'm thinking about needing a 2nd 8 ohm cab to pair with the Accugroove. I'm very interested to see how the EBS HD350 fares into 8 ohms tonight. 

So, failing finding another 2nd hand Accugroove, any thoughts on what would pair well with it? I'm not particularly worried about an aesthetic match and I already have the mid driver and a pair of tweeters so maybe I needn't worry so much about that?

Any specs that I should compare beyond power rating and impedance? 

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated here. I'll predominantly be using a passive 4 string bass.

I'll update how it goes tonight.

Peter

An update, not that anyone seems very interested :) 

The cab with the EBS head was pretty damn amazing. Articulate and well defined with, for a supposed 200 watts an impressive amount of volume. I've played with the guitarists before but the drummer was new to me. He is a bit quieter than our last drummer so far as the bass drum is concerned and that helps.

The only downside was that I had the volume knob up to the '4 0'clock' position to achieve this and I needed to add a fair bit of 'drive'. So I'm still on the hunt for a 2nd cab.

As an aside I've had a very pretty lady with no apparent bass provenance want to befriend me on FB to sell me an Accugroove Tri-112L for £180. I think I'll ignore...

• 5 months later...