Why become a member? ×

New to here

Fuzztube

Hey there everyone, here to introduce myself...

I'm James, 43 years old and i've been playing for 30 years ! Somehow i keep making a living from music, playing guitar & bass, plus a bit of engineering and production, which i love doing. 

As a bass player, i'm a Fender guy. have a 74 P-bass which is a beauty, though has been re-wired and all hardware replaced along the way... for better i might add ! I also, have a jazz bass made up of an old 70's neck and fender parts... which seems to have more grunt than the average jazz bass. My main gigging machine however, is a 2004 P/J, which is pretty versatile and gets me most of the sounds i need for a wide range of gigs. 

Amp-wise, i've been using Ashdown for years, but in the market for something new and am currently pursuing an Aguilar rig, based on the strong recommendations from many of my bass playing friends. 

I've done some big tours over the years and played with a variety of bands, artists and working bands... but to me the holy grail of it all is finding a bunch of people you love, love playing with, to play music you love playing... and building on that. If you can all work through the tough parts of getting music right without taking it personally, and keep having a laugh and getting on... then that's about as good as it gets :)

Edited by Fuzztube

Hi @Fuzztube

Welcome to BC. I'm a Fender fan myself.... and that's having not been one for a long time
I also like a good P/J bass, as I think it's a great, versatile pickup arrangement.

Good luck with your search for a new amp. Aguilar certainly have some fans among those on this forum
I'm a Markbass user myself. recently got myself and EVO1 head, which is dual channel and suits me down to the ground (apart from the lack of illuminated control knobs.... and there are many of them! lol)