Why become a member? ×

Searching on BC

bubinga5

Am i missing something. Im going to be selling an East J Retro Deluxe preamp. So i want to get an idea of the current price values etc. So... I go to the correct forum and put in the search magnifying glass and type in East J Retro Deluxe. Then it brings up everything from the whole of basschat. Why is this.? Am i doing something wrong.

Oh hold on I need to flip the search back to ‘elastic’ after we had an issue last week. I’ll do that later which will make it better. But when you search you must select a specific forum if you want to do it like that, searching from a forum searches the whole site unless you select it. So click ‘topics’ (I’m trying to rename this ‘forums’) first 👍🏼

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I thought there was something going a bit wonky when I did a search the other day. I thought it was me 🤣.

The ‘Elasticsearch’ is way better but it was causing an issue with the new software so it crashed a few times. I’m pretty sure our server guy fixed it but let me double check before I flip the switch back on! 

• Like 1

You get a different search box when the screen is wide enough. E.g. on my iPad in portrait mode, searching in a specific forum is impossible. But if I rotate to landscape (or just use my laptop!), I get a totally different search box with a ‘this forum’ option underneath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dannybuoy said:

You get a different search box when the screen is wide enough. E.g. on my iPad in portrait mode, searching in a specific forum is impossible. But if I rotate to landscape (or just use my laptop!), I get a totally different search box with a ‘this forum’ option underneath.

I’d never clocked this as I browse in portrait mode 99% of the time on my iPad! Thanks for the heads up.

1 minute ago, dannybuoy said:

See screen grab above for searching in mobile view - it’s possible but not by a drop down you get in full site view. 

Just now, ped said:

That was taken before I went class D

I thought it was taken before you screamed 'It's alive!' then went crazy f*cking apesh*t with a bunsen burner and a jerrycan of paraffin.

The only way to move forward is to face up to the choices you've made.