Why become a member? ×

Hello ;)

SpeakForYou

Hey folks! I'm Aimee and I just got bsck into bass again last year. I played bass through high school, start in 2002 I think. Stopped playing really in 07/08 due to work and college but always wanted to start again. So, last year I decided to bring my basses down from the loft, freshen them up with some tlc and re-strung them. Dont play as often as I used too but still love to play my punk rock. Currently on a Peavey Milestone 3 that I fitted Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders too and an Ibanez GSR200 both fitted with Rotosound strings.

IMG_20191002_193408.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, guess who bought a new bass today for the first time in about 16yrs😂 Fell in love with Sterling Sub4 in Mint Green a few years back and finally found one for sale in a local shop. Unfortunately, the Mint Green was a lot paler on this model. So, after days of scrolling through guitar shops online I set my eye upon an Ibanez Talman TMB100 in Mint Green. I may have fell in love. Went to see it today and well, it came home with me. I've also ordered a Fender Rumble 15 which should arrive tomorrow. Cant wait to really give it a try!

IMG_20191013_152615.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SpeakForYou said:

Went to see it today and well, it came home with me. I've also ordered a Fender Rumble 15 which should arrive tomorrow.

Congratulations on your NBD (New Bass Day).  It is similar in shape to the Fender Jaguar.

Stray dogs sometimes follow you home but they don't usually leave a hole in your wallet until you've taken them for their first visit to the veterinarian.  That's GAS for you.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/10/2019 at 02:32, SpeakForYou said:

So, guess who bought a new bass today for the first time in about 16yrs😂 Fell in love with Sterling Sub4 in Mint Green a few years back and finally found one for sale in a local shop. Unfortunately, the Mint Green was a lot paler on this model. So, after days of scrolling through guitar shops online I set my eye upon an Ibanez Talman TMB100 in Mint Green. I may have fell in love. Went to see it today and well, it came home with me. I've also ordered a Fender Rumble 15 which should arrive tomorrow. Cant wait to really give it a try!

IMG_20191013_152615.jpg

Nice one - I've heard lots of good things about these and quite fancy them myself (I've got a shortscale Fender Mustang Bass).