Why become a member? ×

Not meant to be political but where do we stand?

Twigman

In short, nobody knows.

I don’t think anyone is talking about needing visas to travel in Europe to/from the UK.

Make sure you all have a passport valid for at least 6 months after your planned return date and a clean criminal record 😉

1 minute ago, Mykesbass said:

I wouldn't have thought you would be able to until we know what happens on the 31st. 

And therein lies the problem. How long does it take to get a visa, if necessary? Our USA P1 visas took 3 months.

• Like 1

Have you asked any of the relevant Government agencies?

Unfortunately, last time I looked, the language on the .gov.uk web site was very noncommittal full of phrases like "you may need to..." and I doubt it has got any better since then.

TBH I don't think anyone will know until the UK actually leaves the EU and what agreement if any is in place at that time. 

• Like 2

Just now, floFC said:

In short, nobody knows.

I don’t think anyone is talking about needing visas to travel in Europe to/from the UK.

Make sure you all have a passport valid for at least 6 months after your planned return date and a clean criminal record 😉

But this isn't just 'travel', is it? It's working - a totally different kettle of fish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twigman said:

But this isn't just 'travel', is it? It's working - a totally different kettle of fish.

Yes, fair point. I don’t know. All I have said is still valid though, and something you can prepare for now.

Any “work visa” type of application would require those I imagine.

Hard not to be a tiny bit political given the implications of the current situation, and the Government's present stance/behaviour, but this is well worth a read. Sorry but you're unlikely to find it very uplifting:

https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/amp/2019/UK-bands-now-have-to-pay-import-duty-and-VAT-on-ALL-merchandise-before-even-entering-Europe-to-tour?fbclid=IwAR0pMAq4J_c40_hFcu3KMgHJT7yVGHcAk5bhD9FBhYTAzJi03gLmRVUinQc

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

But they are running the "Get Ready for Brexit" advertising campaign - someone must know 😫

That's just propaganda. The only thing ready is the denial/smear machine

/end tiny political bit

Honestly - it's a minefield - all the uncertainty means you can't plan or be sure. I would follow the advice to get all your passports checked and renewed if they have fewer than 6mths validity on.

• Like 1

I so hate the idea that there are voters in UK who wish to strip themselves and their fellow countrymen of rights and freedoms we have enjoyed for decades. Who in their right mind would want to curtail their own personal freedom? onanists

Edited by Twigman
  • Like 12

I booked the Eurotunnel yesterday for an overnight gig November 8th - 9th... I booked it and added a few hours of extra time to allow for traffic and congestion at the tunnel, but I am assuming a week after if we did leave with no deal in place, it'll be far worse and maybe even result in us missing the sound check/gig.  It is as you say, impossible to plan this stuff properly at the moment.

• ped locked this topic