Why become a member? ×

GAS Hits of 09?

EBS_freak

Biggest bit of GAS is for a warm sunny day so I can get out with the power tools and put together my BFM Omni10.

Then it'll be the Hartke 500.

But both of the above are carried over from 2008.

Then it'll be an ACG Recurve (but not til 2010 as I also need to do some heavy saving this year).

All interspersed with a Barge Concepts RC3 and a Korg Pitchblack to replace the crummy multi-fx I'm using at the mo.

Little bit of trading going on already at this end... Sold my Corvette $$ today & getting a Status Streamline this week. Should be picking up a Status Groove 5 at the weekend as well. Then I have to stop for a while as I've really got to get funds together for a new car this year!

The good news here is that I'm really, really happy with my sound, hence more of the same incoming! The Blondie UK crew are bowled over with not only their new bass player, but with the Status/MarkBass sound. I did a nice jazz trio job the other evening & the Triumph upright (through the Roland basscube 100) seems to get better and better everytime I play it & also did a lot of bossanovas on my bolt-on S2 5-er. Nice!

Only other thing I might go for is a Squier Classic Vibe jazz for a 70's show I've got in Feb. I'll probably get one, do the show & move it on afterwards.

Rich.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Basschatters are saying good things about 12" speakers, so need to review in 2009.

Would like to improve my upright sound. This probably requires new hands or fingers, or at least a load of practice. Of course I won't bother with this and 2009 GAS list includes (but is not limited to) new bass, new pickup, new loud and light amp and cab! :)

Nearly finished the kitchen, so BFM cab build drawing closer :) I can't wait to try the cabs with my 'new' MkIV AH500 Trace Elliot head :huh:

I'm also thinking of trying different pickups in my Lakland 55/01

Some more cables from OBBM

Maybe a couple of pedals - not extra ones, just upgrading to better models

Some bass lessons to sort out all my self-taught bad form

oh gawd...GASing so far for:
Lakland US Bob Glaub,
Fender '59 NOS P Bass,
Ricky 4003,
Alleva Coppolo 5 string P,
A top end wireless system,
Thunderfunk TFB750A amp,
Ampeg SVT-2 pro amp,
Dr Bass cabs,
Bare faced bass cabs...

Don't think I'll get any of this gear this year TBH but you gotta dream!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='370655' date='Jan 5 2009, 09:47 AM']Little bit of trading going on already at this end... Sold my Corvette $$ today & getting a Status Streamline this week. Should be picking up a Status Groove 5 at the weekend as well. Then I have to stop for a while as I've really got to get funds together for a new car this year!

The good news here is that I'm really, really happy with my sound, hence more of the same incoming! The Blondie UK crew are bowled over with not only their new bass player, but with the Status/MarkBass sound. I did a nice jazz trio job the other evening & the Triumph upright (through the Roland basscube 100) seems to get better and better everytime I play it & also did a lot of bossanovas on my bolt-on S2 5-er. Nice!

Rich.[/quote]

Ha ha... you little Status whore you.

I've sat down and given myself a stern talking-to about 2009. I intend to neither buy or sell a bass this year. I said the same in 2008 and failed miserably after about 4 weeks. After that, well things got obscenely crazy.....I daren't even begin to list the ins and outs. All I know is that it has cost me more money than is decent and I'm actually embarassed by my compulsive, selfish behaviour.

So, 2009 is time to grow up a bit and be grateful for what I've got.

After all the shenanigans of 2008, I'm left with the best Fender P bass I've ever played, my Shuker 5 string and a beautiful Ric 4003. All this goes through a GB Shuttle 6.0 and an Epifani UL310.

I really can't see me wanting/needing anything else to my gear. I really can't.

We'll see what happens over the year, but I hope I'm strong enough to stick to my guns this time.

Wish me luck :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='371087' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:32 PM']I've sat down and given myself a stern talking-to about 2009. I intend to neither buy or sell a bass this year. I said the same in 2008 and failed miserably after about 4 weeks. After that, well things got obscenely crazy.....I daren't even begin to list the ins and outs. All I know is that it has cost me more money than is decent and I'm actually embarassed by my compulsive, selfish behaviour.

So, 2009 is time to grow up a bit and be grateful for what I've got.

After all the shenanigans of 2008, I'm left with the best Fender P bass I've ever played, my Shuker 5 string and a beautiful Ric 4003. All this goes through a GB Shuttle 6.0 and an Epifani UL310.

I really can't see me wanting/needing anything else to my gear. I really can't.

We'll see what happens over the year, but I hope I'm strong enough to stick to my guns this time.

Wish me luck :)[/quote]

Boring.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='371105' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:46 PM']Sort it out then!

I thought I was going to stay GAS free this year. 5 days in. 2k down already. Pah.[/quote]

Wait until you order your white GB :huh:

I am not saying anything about GAS. My problem is I am always '<--->' this close to having everything I want - my aim is to finally get there and stop buying and selling stuff.

Who am I kidding :) Why feel guilty as long as its not impacting other areas of your life. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs anymore so shoot me!

Steve

I really don't have GAS for much this year gear-wise....

A Fender 70's Classic Jazz in 3TSB would be nice..... as would an Epiphone Goth/ Nikki Sixx Thunderbird....
Amp-wise maybe a Genz Benz 750 or 1200 and another Genz Benz Neox212T Cab... but they're not really necessary.

Believe it or not I can't think of another Spector I particularly want/need at the mo :) :huh: ... really!.....honestly..... (unless a good one at a rock bottom price comes along) :huh: :huh: :huh:

Big purchase, hopefully, will be a house....

Edited by cetera

[quote name='birdy' post='371115' date='Jan 5 2009, 04:56 PM']Wait until you order your white GB :huh:

I am not saying anything about GAS. My problem is I am always '<--->' this close to having everything I want - my aim is to finally get there and stop buying and selling stuff.[/quote]

Shh! Don't say anything about the white GB. I am trying to convince myself that that particular thought isn't in my head. That's OK for some time though - I haven't got everything sorted in my head for that one. Some time off. Then there is the whole limited edition Rumour "Merrick" edition to think about. I've got to get over the latest edition also - picking it up on Saturday all being well. Can never have enough GB action it would seem - further expense!!

Damn.

Steve, the funny thing is, you probably have had all the right gear. Just not at the same time.

[quote]Who am I kidding :) Why feel guilty as long as its not impacting other areas of your life. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs anymore so shoot me!

Steve[/quote]

...but let's face it Steve, the human trafficking is getting out of hand now isn't it...?

Edited by EBS_freak