Why become a member? ×

Hello from Northumberland!

mattydinx

Hi All,

I'm Matt and I've just recently found myself playing bass having been a guitarist for some 22 years! I'm the other half of @WhoNeedsYou and as of two weeks ago became the bassist of Paramore UK!

I hail from South-East Northumberland and work as an IT engineer by day, sound and lighting engineer by night under the guise of Deacon Sound & Light.

The only thing bass-related I own is a flightcase for a Jazz Bass....Unfortunately the Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass that I bought to put in it had a faulty neck pickup and had to go back :(

I'll be looking to build a live rig comparable to that of Paramore's Jeremy Davis but on a smaller scale, consisting of Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO III head, 2x10 + 1x15 cabs, Deluxe Jazz Bass (replacement en-route soon I hope!), Gibson Grabber & Ripper basses and maybe a Precision for good measure! Coupled with my Line 6 HX Effects for the various Fuzz/Distortion/Octave pedals he uses.

Cheers!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mattydinx said:

Hi All,

I'm Matt and I've just recently found myself playing bass having been a guitarist for some 22 years! I'm the other half of @WhoNeedsYou and as of two weeks ago became the bassist of Paramore UK!

I hail from South-East Northumberland and work as an IT engineer by day, sound and lighting engineer by night under the guise of Deacon Sound & Light.

The only thing bass-related I own is a flightcase for a Jazz Bass....Unfortunately the Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass that I bought to put in it had a faulty neck pickup and had to go back :(

I'll be looking to build a live rig comparable to that of Paramore's Jeremy Davis but on a smaller scale, consisting of Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO III head, 2x10 + 1x15 cabs, Deluxe Jazz Bass (replacement en-route soon I hope!), Gibson Grabber & Ripper basses and maybe a Precision for good measure! Coupled with my Line 6 HX Effects for the various Fuzz/Distortion/Octave pedals he uses.

Cheers!

Hello mate, yeah you took over from me dude! Hope you have a blast man, great bunch and Emily is a cracking singer too! Good luck fella