Why become a member? ×

NAD

danbowskill

After quiting on heavy all valve heads.... Here I am again 😄. Just scored the Nexus tube head from labam of the parish. Don't know why this head isn't more popular with big amp uses? It's bloody wonderful sounding! Punchy as hell with any sound you like from a crystal clear bell type tone to massive filth and everything in between..... So much easy to use eq options, it feels very solid and well built (good quality to it). Not many demos or reviews for this head? There was a good write up from Dan (dood on basschat) https://www.guitarinteractivemagazine.com/issues/issue-11/reviews/laney-nexus-tube-head-and-nx810-cabinet/but that's it. Having had a fair few top brand valve heads(svt, Ad200, superbassman) .... This should be right up there with them imo..... Actually way above the Ad200 😜

Designed and built in the uk n all.

Practice this Friday will be the real test( but a 400w 8kt88 iron sledge i don't think it needs no test)... but so far at loud garage levels it makes me smile more than my Fender SB did 😊IMG_20191001_195252.thumb.jpg.24f028b6c68cf5c291980ea6ec30d5fb.jpg

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

Oh God that is mouthwatering. Maybe I'll sell my svt and ctm and get one of these instead. Got to try them all really before finally accepting I can't lift them. 

That sounds like my logic 😄...... I think it's a little bit lighter than the svt CL, feels easier to lift

• Like 1