Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

Always loved that song, nice authentic sound too. Nice to see some additional angles on the go too. Always lifts stuff up.

How have you miced up the drums? Sounds like a kick and overhead but unless I'm being blind I can't see it...

59 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Always loved that song, nice authentic sound too. Nice to see some additional angles on the go too. Always lifts stuff up.

How have you miced up the drums? Sounds like a kick and overhead but unless I'm being blind I can't see it...

Thanks. I was using my Sire V7 - now I use a Sandberg California II VM4S mostly. I still have the Sire - but use it my other band as it is permanently tuned down to suit the vocalist

Drums currently have two mics: kick and another more ambient.

The drummer has just invested in two condenser pencil mics to position as overheads. We hope to get them included in the mix this coming weekend.

Promo from a little while ago, shot at a posh Do in Cheshire, hence the Sparkly Jackets...sound is captured live, then remixed...and who says you can't play modern dance music on a Fenderbird?  😀

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 20:54, HazBeen said:

And a recent Nirvana Tribute at our own Festival (2nd year)

These are really accurate reproductions. Thanks to good musicians and a singer who can actually do a decent Kurt impression (a very rare thing). 👏🏻👏🏻

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having a go at track, I Think We're Alone Now, at the Dreadnought in Bathgate, with my covers band, Easily Distracted. We were a last minute replacement for a band that pulled out, and played to practically no-one, well the other band, bar staff, sound guy and a couple of punters were there. But it was still enjoyable to be back on stage as it was my first gig of 2023.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, dirgefornovember said:

If you are actually the High Vis bassist then let me just say how awesome your band is. Saw HV at Outbreak this year and were the best band of the weekend. 🫡

Oh thanks! Much appreciated. That is indeed me. Outbreak was crazy! I didn't spend any time there as I had my Fiance looking after herself and our dog knocking about in Manchester so I sort of ran into the venue, played, then ran back out again. Heard it was a bit stressful with nowhere to sit and no re-admission.  

53 minutes ago, northcountrybob said:

Oh thanks! Much appreciated. That is indeed me. Outbreak was crazy! I didn't spend any time there as I had my Fiance looking after herself and our dog knocking about in Manchester so I sort of ran into the venue, played, then ran back out again. Heard it was a bit stressful with nowhere to sit and no re-admission.  

Yeah that was a really frustrating part of it. With hardly any seating and no re-admission, I had to enter the venue late afternoon-ish as I can't stand up for 10 hours 3 days on the trot, so missed quite a few bands I wanted to see.

Still, a banging line-up and enjoyed myself - picked up the HV top at merch too! Anyway, enjoy the shows you've got coming up and will hopefully see you in 2024 again.

• 2 months later...