Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

I took my GoPro to last nights gig. Quite pleased with how it came out. This is un edited other than trimmed in Lumafusion on my ipad. I really need to smile more.

Bravo Dave! You’re doing great on those there keys! Enjoyed that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Bravo Dave! You’re doing great on those there keys! Enjoyed that.

Thanks Russ. Must admit im getting more confident now. Not so much the notes, but with the sounds. Its taken me almost a year to get used to the fact that the keys sound totally different through a PA. Very off putting at first. 

Ive gone back to using a PA cab as a monitor. I tried IEM’s and while they work fine for me, i feel too excluded from the mix. 

Trying to get them all to go to IEM’s as the front monitors are quite poor quality, but you know what an uphill struggle that can be. Quite enjoying have the monitor cranked up though. Me and the drummer have practically our own PA at the back of the stage.  Makes for a good back up if the main one goes down,. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Sounds great!

If you're playing that sort of thing around Hereford and The Marches I'll come see y'all!

Very kind of you, cheers!

I actually live in Hereford and that clip was captured live in The Bell Inn, Bath so not miles away but a bit of a stretch. I have the feeling that the bandleader's priorities lie elsewhere by now so I fear 5000AD may be one of those bands on a permanent shelf despite having never officially disbanded. 

• 2 weeks later...

One from last weekend.  We had a support slot for a blues band called The Cinelli Brothers at Venue 16 in Ipswich.  One of the best stage/pa set ups I have ever played (including some decent stages with a Bon Jovi tribute) even though it is mainly a wedding venue.  We played well, went down well, sounded good. 

The Cinelli Brothers I didn't know but will seek them out if they are ever neqarby as they are totally brilliant.  4 piece multi-talented players.  I though their bass player was good on the first number.  Second number he played lead guitar and was even better.  All four had strong singing voices.  They played well crafted orginal that somehow sounded familar and turnjed in a high energy performance of Chuicago-style blues.  Amazing band and a great bunch of guys.

Anyway, here's our opening song 'Toredown'

https://www.facebook.com/100002647479877/videos/411731264330822/

And here 'Blue Jean Blues'

https://www.facebook.com/100002647479877/videos/364538542461222/

• Like 4

Content could be classed as NSFW or for junior ears as it gets a bit sweary 😬  (Mods, please delete if you don't think its appropriate.)

My band Reloaded headlined the last night of the Midsummer Beer Happening ( FB link HERE ) in Stonehaven a few weeks ago and covered RATM's Killing In The Name Of as our closing song. If you've not heard it before it's really not the sort of song to play to Granny but great fun to play to a marquee full of partyers 🙂

Reloaded - Killing In The Name Of

• Like 1

Finally got round to putting some video up. Need to do more but it takes so long!

I mentioned this somewhere else, there is omnipresent clicking in the sax, and for some reason, there is clicking on the TMB35 as well, not sure why, could be pickup impact as this is one of the few pick songs.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A little clip from my former band The Retros earlier in the year. We didn't know it at the time, but this ended up being our last gig together and we decided to disband The Retros not long after.

We had a lot of fun along the way, and we've kept in touch - several of us are working in other projects together now.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

And now for something completely different....

I play nyckelharpa for a bizarre two-person border morris side called Huginn and Muninn. A week or so back we performed along with several other border morris sides in Clacton-on-Sea, at the premiere of the film Morris Men, having been extras in the film about a year earlier. This was our first outing since one of our dancers sustained a bad calf injury at Box Hill Bedlam's day of dance in Dorking in June. This is our most ridiculous dance, always a crowd-pleaser. I give you "Huginn and Muninn Get Lost in the Stormclouds".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Totally forgot to mention, but we did quite the sizeable festival gig in summer with our Faithless Tribute ….. The Faithless.

Bass is my own Infinite Custom MS5 build with Flatwounds and EMG DC pickups. Lots of OC and Future Impact of course….

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never posted any videos here, but here's a couple of clips from NYE. Includes the first time I've played my new Tokai live, and a rare outing on sax during Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher!

Our band is called The Enrichments.

https://www.instagram.com/enrichmentsband/ (apologies if we're not supposed to post links to social media!)

Edited by Jackopie1
Add text
  • Like 5

• 4 months later...

Here's an Alice and The Looking Glass band video from a live gig in a marquee at Ribblehead, North Yorkshire. The recording is taken live, as we all go into the desk and then the sound is mixed to add to the video.

Edited by vsmith1
  • Like 4