Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was my weekend “gig”: Church on Easter Sunday.  This week was a lot of fun, especially the last 2 songs.  So that you don’t have to watch the whole service here are a few extracts that may entertain you:

1h:00min:37-57s is me playing a bass solo (I wasn’t expecting to)

1:04:10 is the worship band leader “enthusing” the congregation for the closing couple of songs (the antics for final song makes more sense if you listen to this).

1:05:10 into the final 2 songs
1:09:25 the final song.

The final song antics weren’t rehearsed, but I’m sure I’d have channelled my inner punk rocker more if I’d known.  Unfortunately you can’t see much of the congregation but it was like a gig -they were rocking.

Comments are welcome - on the playing, stage presence, antics or anything else you’d like to comment on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The rocky bit of our set last night in a local pub - decent sound if you stick some headphones on. I was pleased with my sound :-)

Velvet Revolver - Slither

Extreme - Get the Funk Out

Ozzy - Bark at the Moon 

Van Halen - Panama

I love playing this stuff...

Edited by Mudpup
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

The rocky bit of our set last night in a local pub - decent sound if you stick some headphones on. I was pleased with my sound 🙂

Sounds ace 👍 Makes me want to be playing in a rock band!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really enjoyed playing at a 50th on Saturday night with a recently formed crew. I was a little wowed by a couple of my bandmates riffing off each other on Pinball Wizard, particularly as it was the first time we had played it live together. They've somehow managed to turn me into an Elton John fan - Who would have guessed?

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Really enjoyed playing at a 50th on Saturday night with a recently formed crew. I was a little wowed by a couple of my bandmates riffing off each other on Pinball Wizard! They've somehow managed to turn me into an Elton John fan - Who would have guessed?

Is that an Elrick bass?? Never played one but always wondered what they were like. 

1 hour ago, peteb said:

Is that an Elrick bass?? Never played one but always wondered what they were like. 

It is indeed. I love it! Bought it off @Sibob of this parish last summer and it's become a goto gigging bass for me. It's light and beautifully put together and has a lovely tone.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Really enjoyed playing at a 50th on Saturday night with a recently formed crew. I was a little wowed by a couple of my bandmates riffing off each other on Pinball Wizard, particularly as it was the first time we had played it live together. They've somehow managed to turn me into an Elton John fan - Who would have guessed?

Jukebox taking a back seat or you dividing up gigs between both? Our keyboard player has just left the 80’s thing so tonight’s rehearsal is the guitarist and me ‘synthing’ things up. Some live footage from us soon I hope!

28 minutes ago, steantval said:

Stealer, Free tribute at Elme Hall Blues Club.

Jeff Rich ex Status Quo on the drums.

I saw Terry Sless' Kossof / Free / Back Street Crawler  tribute (playing mainly Free songs) a couple of weeks ago, with Rhino Edwards (Jeff Rich's rhythm section partner in Quo for many years) playing bass! 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 12:19, krispn said:

Jukebox taking a back seat or you dividing up gigs between both? Our keyboard player has just left the 80’s thing so tonight’s rehearsal is the guitarist and me ‘synthing’ things up. Some live footage from us soon I hope!

JBC still going strong, thanks.

Look forward to your synthy footage!

I wasnt going to post anything, but what the hell. 

This was our first gig, and first gig for me on keys. Unfortunately we were playing in to the sun so a bit distracted.

I wasn't in the front monitors so im very quiet. 

The video and audio is straight out of camera, a Go Pro Max. Quite impressed with how it turned out. 

• Like 5