Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

11 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Another one from my blues rock trio Tore Down at Ipswich Summertime gig back in August.  The old Howlin' Wolf tune 'Evil' in the style of Cactus. 

https://www.facebook.com/djangostrat/videos/440078267352801

Great stuff. Rockin'! What bass and rig are you using?

Edited by Studio GC
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Studio GC said:

Great stuff. Rockin'! What bass and rig are you using?

Thank you!

Rig was supplied, think it was an Ashdown ABM but not sure which, I went straight into it for stage monitor and then DI'd through the desk.  The bass has a little story - it is a mid-70s Antoria P bass that I bought on eBay for (I think) £250.  It transpires that at some point someone fitted a '75 Fender pickup in it.  Punchy tone!  A rare occasion when I ended up 'ahead of the game' :) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

That was great. 

I had some mates at that festival and they really enjoyed you guys. I assume it was you, as one referred to the band as ‘Carnaby something or other’ 🙄

We need a more catchy name I guess!😅

• 4 weeks later...

More blues!  My lot Tore down playing at the John Peel Centre in Stowmarket last Thursday supporting british blues guitarist Danny Bryant.  We were squeezed into whatever space the main band had left us, which wasn't much :)  I keep looking at the drummer because I couldn't actually hear the drums and was missing some cues.

Plus a link to our vids page if you fancy to listening to some more :D  https://www.toredownband.co.uk/video

We went down very well and the organiser reckoned he was going to get us back for one night of our own, which would be brilliant.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, peteb said:

I hope that this link works! The end of the final song of the final Storyteller's Night (Magnum tribute) gig in Newcastle, just before lockdown in March last year: 

https://www.facebook.com/raymond.dodds.3/videos/3317836648243322

I love that song. Not heard it for years. Video is working fine. Good version of it 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/11/2021 at 15:09, peteb said:

I hope that this link works! The end of the final song of the final Storyteller's Night (Magnum tribute) gig in Newcastle, just before lockdown in March last year: 

https://www.facebook.com/raymond.dodds.3/videos/3317836648243322

Top job mate, well done 👏👏

• 2 months later...

Hey - I'm seriously looking forward to a small tour for Deeper Purple in April and May (dates on deeperpurple.band).  We're playing some new venues, and some new songs.  No time for rehearsals, as the keys guitar and vocals all live over seas and are travelling over the day before the first date - BUT we'll have a lot of fun, and we're all capable of making it work (famous last words!). First gigs since COVID - and the last gig we played was March 15th 2020 - without any keys!! Trump had decided to close the border to the USA, so our keys guy had to travel home very very quickly!! Anyway, here's a video from that tour two years ago..... with Doogie White (ex Rainbow) who popped on stage for a sing whilst we were in Edinburgh.  We hope he will be joining us again on our Scottish dates....  Burn!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

These are from our Xmas gig last December... punter numbers down on previous years for obvious reasons but still a good enthusiastic crowd. Apologies for the bass fluffs, I could blame it on the fact that I usually play these songs on a 4 string but was having to use my V7 fiver, but that's no excuse for sloppy playing :sorry:

Suzanne Beware Of The Devil

Too Much Pressure

• Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 12:52, Leonard Smalls said:

Here's a chunk of what we call "The Birdy Song" (Two can play) at the most excellent Percy's in Whitchurch a couple of weeks ago:

Sadly out of reactions, that's great.

Your guitarist is channelling Huw Lloyd Langton at one point or two 🙂

• Thanks 1