Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

On 02/07/2020 at 20:04, Al Krow said:

That Ibby looks and sounds great! Seems like you have a particular 'look' in your basses - would I be right in saying that your Aria SB700 is pretty similar styling wise (ignoring the actual wood finish you've gone for)?

Yes , the aria is a lighter colour , not dark stain like the ibanez, both through necks and very 80s sounding 

37 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1 ^^

I guess the drummer was particularly ugly, which is why he's been kept out of the limelight, or any light really...😁

Its given me an idea for my band. Just shows you don’t NEED a drummer, we just put up with them 😁

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

@Sibob - your band? Very pro sound (not least the bass) and video - loved it! I had to do a double take as I thought that was 21 July, just 6 days back and was thinking how the heck did they bag that gig?!

Thanks, yeah I've been playing with Jocee for about 6 years now I think. We played a sold-out headline set at Hideaway in London and the venue decided they wanted to film it......fine by us haha.
Yeah I was particularly happy with the bass tone, although to be fair, that bass was just killer in general, I really regret selling it (the person won't sell it back to me either....don't blame them).

Cheers
Si

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Oh yes. This we very much like. You guys sound great, tight as a gnat's chuff.

Thanks very much 😊
Plenty of stuff on Spotify if you want to listen to more.....we should have been playing Pizza Express Holborn two nights ago 😞

Si

10 hours ago, Sibob said:

Thanks very much 😊
Plenty of stuff on Spotify if you want to listen to more.....we should have been playing Pizza Express Holborn two nights ago 😞

Si

You guys seem to do quite a few Central London gigs - next time you're playing, please let us know, I'm sure a few of us would love to get along!

On 06/06/2020 at 12:32, meterman said:

Here's a one from a while back, from a TV thing in Greece. I'm playing organ on this as we had a proper 'real' bassist at the time 😂

Can't wait to play live again. Or go back to Greece!

That's the geezer in Silver Fox! This is interesting stuff, it's not his usual Yacht Rock (which is also very good).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You guys seem to do quite a few Central London gigs - next time you're playing, please let us know, I'm sure a few of us would love to get along!

Will do....hopefully we'll be back to it sooooon 🤞

Si

22 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@skidder652003 - your version of Black Dog which you posted elsewhere, was so good it made me ask my band if they would be up for doing it! Guitarist said he would prefer something a little easier, I'll see if he is up for Stairway... 😁

heartbreaker with a stairway big finish (solo part to end) is always a winner.

On 28/07/2020 at 22:48, gjones said:

That's the geezer in Silver Fox! This is interesting stuff, it's not his usual Yacht Rock (which is also very good).

Well spotted! 

Yeah, he always has a ton of projects on the go like Young Gun Silver Fox, The Electric Peanut Butter Company, Shawn Lee & AM, The Incredible Tabla Band, etc, plus a load of soundtrack things as well but I only play with him when he does his solo singer-songwriter gear, or when he does Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra which is just the best fun gigs I could ever have really. We both DJ for Soho Radio too which is a good laugh.

As a session musician he's done drums or guitar for Robbie Williams, Kelis, Amy Winehouse, Saint Etienne, and loads of big shiny chart acts. Plus old-school folks like Tony Joe White as well. But the most fun is when he's fronting his own band. When we get some gigs again I'll give a heads-up on here. 👍

5 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

heartbreaker with a stairway big finish (solo part to end) is always a winner.

Well I shared your other video with the band and it's clearly inspired them - the guitarist has spent the evening learning the Black Dog riff! Dammit, I'd best go work on the bass line then! 😁

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...