Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

51 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Thank you, that was just what I needed to hear to stiffen my resistance (my Spector Euro 5LX is a delight to play at the very top end) :) 

I posted in another thread about my experiences with Dingwall's. Very easy to play until you get higher up. I tried playing the middle bit in Alright now on my mates ABZ5 and struggled so much to get those high notes i gave up. It all gets a bit 'trippy' at the dusty end.

So in the next instalment of my live video journey (OK, I know they aren't gigs but I'm upping my vid skills right now so my next band ones are better).

Here's me filming a friend's promo material. I'm quite happy considering it was filmed in the confines of a front room in Smethwick with a couple of mics! Again, all totally live, no fix in post BS.

So, the new grey card is working well but funnily enough, these vids just didn't seem to work well in colour (so kinda negating the whole reason for having the grey card), so I dropped them into a lovely shade of err... monochrome blueness. I'm kind of glad that I suggested that she change over the mic to the Super 55 - it turns out it fits the vibe nicely, especially with the jazz box instead of the acoustic.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

As you can probably tell, this isn't a live video, though everybody involved was live... Vid features my occasional band (est. 1983!) and was shot and edited by me...

And to show we have appeared live before, here's the Weeds in Sheffield, with Sister Bez (overheard at this gig, one Sheffield youth to another "I don't know what the f... it is but I think I like it!")

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 22/01/2020 at 09:22, bagsieblue said:

Here's a video of my band SOLDATO, from last Friday at the Waterloo Music Bar in Blackpool (great venue).

Taken by one of the great staff at Waterloo for a Facebook Live video.

SOLDATO VIDEO

Apologies for the link, dont know how to embed!

Videos expired  - will try again, apologies for links, cant work out how to embed!

Soldato 1

Soldato 2

Edited by bagsieblue

Here's a one from a while back, from a TV thing in Greece. I'm playing organ on this as we had a proper 'real' bassist at the time 😂

Can't wait to play live again. Or go back to Greece!

Edited by meterman
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2020 at 10:46, cheddatom said:

I play drums in this band and we did a "virtual gig" in a big room at our frontman's business. I did all the production etc. Video is not my thing but I think it came out OK

It won’t play for me Tom 

3D191EEB-740A-4CB0-80DB-E5B57A9B9014.jpeg.798acca9fe7f811e0e273c936f476b87.jpeg

1 hour ago, cheddatom said:

Ah, sorry, I forgot I posted it here, should have deleted that. We've taken the video down for now. I think the idea is to make it more like a gig as we're going to keep doing these. I cut out the cover we did which will stay up

Interesting choice of cover. I love that song. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@cheddatom - that P bass sits so well in the mix! What's the rest of your rig?

I'm actually on drums. That's Nick Bayes on bass,. He plays an American P he bought new a couple of years back through a TC combo. I have a little EQ, compression and saturation going on in the mix

22 hours ago, jaybass 70 said:

heres our eighties band Hello Felix, based in Liverpool, loving my Ibanez Musician Bass at the Moment, I usually use my Aria SB700

That Ibby looks and sounds great! Seems like you have a particular 'look' in your basses - would I be right in saying that your Aria SB700 is pretty similar styling wise (ignoring the actual wood finish you've gone for)?