Why become a member? ×

Show us your band's live playing videos!

Al Krow

OK, I'm rising to the invitation for OM stuff, albeit at a private party.  This is what you get when your singer/songwriter/bandleader is a TV video cameraman and his mates bring their gear to the party!  Not sure if it will work btw as I've never posted video on here.  If it doesn't, maybe some kind soul will pm me an idiot's guide (I am that idiot 🙂) and I'll try again.

OK, failed miserably to upload MP4 file - help!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much live videos, but live audio tracks for you.

As the sound of the average phone/cheap vid camera is pretty poo we decided to collect a montage of live photographs and show these underneath the live audio captured from our desk.  We used our XR18 to feed direct channels into Auria LE on an iPad, the tracks were then exported in Reaper and mixed using Slate Everything Bundle plugins exclusively.  Absolutely no overdubs, drop-ins or corrections other than the above plugins, mostly for EQ, compression and saturation.

Drums were recorded using a D112 and a pair of overhead Behringer C4 condenser mics, guitar cabs were close mic'd with Sennheiser E906 mics, bass was DI'd, main vocals from a Sennheiser EW145 wireless mic and backing vocals through Shure SM58s

There are a couple of annoying clicks on occasion which I suspect is from some cable cross talk from our lighting but overall I'm happy with things.

We play Thunder's cover version of Play That Funky Music which is pretty stripped back and rocked up.

As I've expanded my collection of GoPro Heroes, we'll probably start to record gigs with multiple video feeds and mix with live audio mixed as recorded above for future gigs.

Edited by DaytonaRik
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, lloyd said:

Just found this....a live version

I love how clear that Ric tone comes through at 0.11 in.

14 hours ago, scalpy said:

Here's our promo video for an upcoming gig. We play a fund raiser for the local theatre and the footage is from the last one.

Amazing fun playing in front of such a large / appreciative audience!

Edited by Al Krow

So I am part of a collective of musicians called Grunge Garden presents, we do a number of tribute acts.

This gig was our biggest of the summer, end of August with 1500 at the event. Not using our usual drummer so it could be a tad tighter but it gives a decent impression.

The crowd

1B7E6D13-F362-4EAB-A181-351F3975E945.jpeg

Edited by HazBeen
  • Like 5

Heres the conclusion of a really interesting collaboration my pink floyd band did with the national space centre for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.

We played Darkside of The Moon with additional ambient sections for narration and images about the mission to play over.

This section uses the last part of an early floyd track Saucerful of Secrets into Eclipse the last track on Darkside of the moon

• Like 3

Just had a v enjoyable 20 mins catching up on folks' posts, not sure how I missed a couple of the earlier ones...

On 07/11/2019 at 11:37, DaytonaRik said:

Not so much live videos, but live audio tracks for you.

Really like your grunge-rock take on these classic covers. Yup defo need to see you guys in action - looking forward to the GoPro8 uploads in due course.

On 07/11/2019 at 16:23, Stofferson said:

Few Months Ago, but i appreciate the angle being close to my backline haha

Loved the bass line on this...

...and on @HazBeen's uploads today.

@ballstomonty what an awesome stage sound! Very PF!

Edited by Al Krow

@gjones - that was very decent video footage - what did you guys record that on?

All about the guitar on that one, though  - need more footage of the bass player! 😁 

Shredding on an Epiphone Les Paul - they clearly do they job don't they. Just been thinking about getting one for myself in black - no real point in forking out 4 times as much for an actual Gibson IMO?

52 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@gjones - that was very decent video footage - what did you guys record that on?

All about the guitar on that one, though  - need more footage of the bass player! 😁 

Shredding on an Epiphone Les Paul - they clearly do they job don't they. Just been thinking about getting one for myself in black - no real point in forking out 4 times as much for an actual Gibson IMO?

It was recorded on a mobile phone by a fan. Most mobile phone mics just aren't designed to capture decent bass, however loud it is in the venue. Guitarist is Dave, who is no wallflower. He goes through phases as far as guitars are concerned. For years he was a tele man but recently fell in love with Zak Wylde, sold his tele, and bought two Epiphone Les Pauls - one in black and one in white.

27 minutes ago, gjones said:

It was recorded on a mobile phone by a fan. Most mobile phone mics just aren't designed to capture decent bass, however loud it is in the venue. Guitarist is Dave, who is no wallflower. He goes through phases as far as guitars are concerned. For years he was a tele man but recently fell in love with Zak Wylde, sold his tele, and bought two Epiphone Les Pauls - one in black and one in white.

That is amazingly good footage for a mobile phone! I'm guessing that the stage was pretty well lit? Mobile phones usually struggle big time with low lighting.

Here's a song from last nights gig. Not one we normally do, but i think we got through it ok. I was also suffering from very bad left had cramp (hence the grumpy face).This was the first time out with my Quilter BB800 and Fearless F112. Sound was good in the room from the rig, but im still getting use EQrather than have the cab thicken it all up.

This was taken using my GoPro Max, attached to the PA speaker stand. No editing other than re-framing in the GoPro app on my iphone. Very impressed with the audio, especially considering it was inches from the speaker.

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 3