Why become a member? ×

UPS European tour delivery system

Hellzero

I should have received my parcel on Monday and each and every day it's delayed. I live quite close to an UPS main depot, but the parcels I receive from UPS always make 2 to 3 times the kilometers needed. Aren't we in 2019, where the most important concern is stopping stupid and unnecessary pollution. And because those companies (UPS, Fedex, DHL, ...) are using routes created by dumber than dumb logistics people, all parcels sent are making way far too many kilometers in highly polluting trucks and planes !?!

It's about time to have straight and direct routes become mandatory.

Check the journey of my (not yet) delivered parcel. And add the fact that it's now going up North Belgium to then go down South over the night, when there's a main depot in Luxembourg nearby. 

Screenshot_20191001_102246_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d64668f4534ca30ffa62877795c0fcff.jpg

Screenshot_20191001_102222_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.77b2aea05aefb19473a5526ec072d854.jpg

Urm, I've been the logistics man during a year for what is now GLS. I was in charge of 18 delivery tours, there has never been a single glitch and all parcels where delivered within 24 hours... The trucks were leaving with a minimum of 60 parcels each and every day, except on Sundays.

I think I know what I'm talking about and the fact that the routes used now are just stupid and inefficient.

3 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Urm, I've been the logistics man during a year for what is now GLS. I was in charge of 18 delivery tours, there has never been a single glitch and all parcels where delivered within 24 hours... The trucks were leaving with a minimum of 60 parcels each and every day, except on Sundays.

I think I know what I'm talking about and the fact that the routes used now are just stupid and inefficient.

OK. Maybe pop an email to their complaints department..?

UPS are shockingly incompetent.  I sent something months ago only for it to be returned, damaged.  They didn’t want to accept responsibility for it.  They then sent it to where it should have gone to (two months late so the recipient no longer needed it), and billed me for it!
Then two days ago the package turned up on my doorstep, in a different box, just as battered as the first boomerang journey, also soaking wet as it was left in the rain.

I think UPS use cement trucks to transport parcels.

• Like 1