Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Warwick Streamer Stage I 5-string

Captain Bassman

Reluctantly for sale is my beloved Streamer Stage I 5-string.

Flamed maple body and through neck, natural waxed finish, gold hardware, custom-fitted red Sims LEDs (front and side).

I bought it new from The Bass Centre in the summer of ’99 and it has been one of my 2 main gigging basses ever since. It has never gone wrong or needed any repair work and has simply been a fantastically reliable and versatile bass.

The bass comes with an original Bass Centre padded gig bag (aah nostalgia!) as hard cases were not supplied as standard back then.

Only reason for selling is that I fancy trying something different after all these years!

On the basis that The Gallery are selling a couple of similar examples, albeit probably slightly newer, for £1300-1400 and mine has over £400 of custom-fitted LEDs I’m looking to sell for [b]£900 cash[/b] (no trades or swaps please).

Please PM me with any serious interest. Thanks!

David

Edited by Captain Bassman

Considering the Sim's LEDs, that's a very fair price to get a quick sale. Have you considered putting this up on the Warwick forum? I'll stick a link to your thread on the forum, as with the state of the exchange rate this may well appeal to Europe or The States. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='370088' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:02 PM']Considering the Sim's LEDs, that's a very fair price to get a quick sale. Have you considered putting this up on the Warwick forum? I'll stick a link to your thread on the forum, as with the state of the exchange rate this may well appeal to Europe or The States. :huh:[/quote]

Thanks very much my friend! Much appreciated. I gauged the price to try and reflect its age and the fact that it's been a great workhorse bass for me. It's in superb condition with only one small scratch on the upper horn (difficult to get a clear picture of it!) and the usual slight 'fading' of the gold hardware.

I'm not a member of the Warwick forum although I did consider joining to sell this bass.

The twin 9v batteries for the LEDs are neatly housed in the control cavity so apart from the magnifier lenses where the dot markers would be (or wouldn't be on a Warwick...) there is no external evidence of any of Mr Sims' work!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='370096' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:07 PM']She’s a beaut :huh: The flamed maple is really pronounced which is great – my SSI looks a bit bland in comparison. Only down side is the low B :)
Did you have the brass nut fitted?[/quote]

Aah, the low B on this bass is lurvely - has a nice growl to it! There's nowt wrong with a nice 5-er!

The brass nut was factory fitted. It has string height adjustment via screws in each slot.

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='370184' date='Jan 4 2009, 06:27 PM']How about shipping inside the EU?[/quote]

I have no problem with this if the buyer is prepared to meet half the cost. I sold a Status to a guy in Helsinki back in the summer and the shipping cost was approx GBP 90, so probably safe to assume a similar cost (or slightly less) for Sweden?

[quote name='Captain Bassman' post='370274' date='Jan 4 2009, 07:49 PM']Aah, the low B on this bass is lurvely - has a nice growl to it! There's nowt wrong with a nice 5-er![/quote]
:huh: yeah I’m sure the low B is great, I’m just a simpleton who loves a 4 string :)

[quote name='Captain Bassman' post='370274' date='Jan 4 2009, 07:49 PM']The brass nut was factory fitted. It has string height adjustment via screws in each slot.[/quote]
It’s not a ’99 then? Sorry I just misunderstood the year of the bass; I scan read the ad and saw that it was bought in 1999 and presumed it was a 1999 bass. By '99 Warwick we're using the plastic JAN-II. I think the brass JAN-I stopped being used in early to mid '97? I'm probably wrong on this though. Anyway's, the brass nut is also a good thing. This is a lot of bass for the money :huh:

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='370292' date='Jan 4 2009, 08:01 PM']It’s not a ’99 then? Sorry I just misunderstood the year of the bass; I scan read the ad and saw that it was bought in 1999 and presumed it was a 1999 bass. By '99 Warwick we're using the plastic JAN-II. I think the brass JAN-I stopped being used in early to mid '97? I'm probably wrong on this though. Anyway's, the brass nut is also a good thing. This is a lot of bass for the money :)[/quote]

The serial number stamped into the back of the headstock is C-060427-99. Can anyone in the know confirm the build date from this? The -99 suffix ties in with the year I bought it but maybe things are not that obvious with Warwicks...

The pups are Basslines. The majority of SS1's I've seen appear to have MECs.

Yep, a lot of bass for a very good price! I have a bee in my bonnet about what I want to replace it with so want to sell quickly...before that bee buzzes off!

[quote name='Captain Bassman' post='370367' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:23 PM']The serial number stamped into the back of the headstock is C-060427-99. Can anyone in the know confirm the build date from this? The -99 suffix ties in with the year I bought it but maybe things are not that obvious with Warwicks...

The pups are Basslines. The majority of SS1's I've seen appear to have MECs.

Yep, a lot of bass for a very good price! I have a bee in my bonnet about what I want to replace it with so want to sell quickly...before that bee buzzes off![/quote]

Manufactured March 99.

The pups could as easily be factory installed as retro-fit as Warwick can and will fit most pup manufacturers to the customer's spec. Easiest way is to check the soldering, not that it matters one way or the other as good pups are good pups! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='370406' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:56 PM']Manufactured March 99.[/quote]

Checked.

I don't believe it. Ive just bought an SS1 5'er - arriving tomo - and it's going down to Simms next month!!

Sheeeet.

edited due spelling.

Edited by thepurplepea

[quote name='Golchen' post='370472' date='Jan 4 2009, 05:53 PM']Any other colour LEDs and I would be severely tempted! Red just isn't my colour.[/quote]

Hi there, it's my understanding that the color of the LEDs is controlled by a circuit rather than each LED itself being a specific color. Which in theory means that changing the circuit would mean changing the color. It would be worth checking with Sims though, they're very responsive on email.

Thanks

Lex

[quote name='Lex' post='370560' date='Jan 5 2009, 01:41 AM']Hi there, it's my understanding that the color of the LEDs is controlled by a circuit rather than each LED itself being a specific color. Which in theory means that changing the circuit would mean changing the color. It would be worth checking with Sims though, they're very responsive on email.

Thanks

Lex[/quote]

Survey says.... nadah. You specify the LED colour at installation time and those are the colour that is put in.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='370562' date='Jan 5 2009, 01:57 AM']Survey says.... nadah. You specify the LED colour at installation time and those are the colour that is put in.[/quote]

Indeed, it would be a fairly advanced LED if it was mixing rgb to produce a colour!

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='370393' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:48 PM']You are getting a [url="http://www.beebasses.com/"]Bee Bass?[/url]

BTW, how long do the batteries last on the LED:s, aprx?[/quote]

Nah, not a Bee bass. Not my type! Actually, never heard of them before...

Difficult to say how long the batteries last as I don't use them all the time, only at selected venues. At a guess I probably replace them once a year and have never had a problem with them running out mid-gig.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='370406' date='Jan 4 2009, 09:56 PM']Manufactured March 99.

The pups could as easily be factory installed as retro-fit as Warwick can and will fit most pup manufacturers to the customer's spec. Easiest way is to check the soldering, not that it matters one way or the other as good pups are good pups! :)[/quote]

Thanks man!

[quote name='thepurplepea' post='370438' date='Jan 4 2009, 10:25 PM']Checked.

I don't believe it. Ive just bought an SS1 5'er - arriving tomo - and it's going down to Simms next month!!

Sheeeet.

edited due spelling.[/quote]

Damn! Never mind...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='370562' date='Jan 5 2009, 01:57 AM']Survey says.... nadah. You specify the LED colour at installation time and those are the colour that is put in.[/quote]

Correct. Well, for Sims LEDs anyway.

I'm almost half interested, but I've never even laid my hands on a Warwick, let alone a streamer. I might see if I can get my hands on one in the next couple of days to see how it feels. I'm kind of looking for another bass at the moment and was thinking of a Spector, but might as well keep open to other options ............