Why become a member? ×

SOLD 2x Barefaced FR800 + 1x Barefaced LF1400 Epic bass rig or PA system
£2400
South Northamptonshire

mrtcat

SOLD PENDING.

I bought this to use with my band last year but within 3 months I had the opportunity to move to a much busier band so this has been sat redundant for months.

In a nutshell it is a super lightweight, clean and loud PA system. It fits into a car quite happily and the whole thing only weighs 54kg all in. It sounds beautifully crisp and balanced with excellent dispersion of the highs and real weight in the lows.

The FR800s are full range flat response (as close as you'll find anywhere to flat) powered versions of the Barefaced Big Baby 2. They are brilliant as PA cabs and also superb as backline if you are running a Helix / Kemper or similar. The LF1400 is a powered version of the Barefaced Dubster  based around an almighty Faital Pro 18 neo 2400w driver. Powered by a 1400w Hypex amp. It quite simply sounds huge and weighs a fraction of what subs of this power usually do. With extremely fast transient response it just feels so clean in the deep lows and really detailed.

All boxes come with covers (Barefaced cover on LF1400 and Hotcovers custom covers on both FR800s) and powercon power leads. It has had minimal use and has always been stored in the corner of my home studio so it is in pretty much as new condition.

I'm asking £2400 firm as the cost new was £3600 and there's barely a mark on it.

Collection only from South Northants or I can meet / deliver within a 50 mile radius of NN12. I'm not willing to split this at the moment.

The only trade I will consider is for a really nice Musicman Stingray HH Special 5 string in mint condition with a bit of cash my way.

IMG_8392.JPG

IMG_8393.JPG

IMG_8375.JPG

IMG_8376.JPG

IMG_8377.JPG

IMG_8378.JPG

IMG_8382.JPG

IMG_8383.JPG

IMG_8385.JPG

IMG_8386.JPG

IMG_8387.JPG

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8389.JPG

IMG_8390.JPG

Edited by mrtcat
SOLD
  • Like 5

On 03/10/2019 at 21:29, owen said:

Ugh! (In a good way).

Haha yeah, I'm pretty sad to be selling this but I've got my eye on something that has come up on here that made me say something similar when I saw it.

I've got the same PA system and can vouch for everything you say, the sound is always crystal clear through those FR800's and I've not heard a cleaner sounding sub as the LF1400, when I stick my bass through FoH it always sounds massive. Good luck with the sale mate! 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, challxyz said:

I've got the same PA system and can vouch for everything you say, the sound is always crystal clear through those FR800's and I've not heard a cleaner sounding sub as the LF1400, when I stick my bass through FoH it always sounds massive. Good luck with the sale mate! 

Thanks challxyz. Completely agree, it's like really good studio monitors on a bigger scale. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I've never seen these FR800 cabs before.  Does kind of open your eyes as to running a small board into the cabinet and dumping the head completely.

Any preamp, whether it be on a mixer or a pedal will run an FR800 nicely. I love using them with my helix, which is what I did for dep gigs before joining my current band. 

• MB1 locked this topic