Why become a member? ×

Basschat offers exclusive discount for EU shipping

ped

20 hours ago, Hellzero said:

In France, they even create their own streets names ... only known by themselves. I had some parcels coming back and then sent to the real official address at their expense. And not mentioning the holidays where you look for a street that doesn't exist. 😤

Ha ha, yes, I stayed with a friend in the Alps last year, his house number was in the high 600s, so having just turned onto their road and passing number 40 we assumed that we would need to drive a long way up into the hills. Passed another house, which we reasonably assumed was number 41 and carried on. Long story short, we got stuck on a rock trying to reverse back down the mountain having driven right up the the end of the track, and our friends, and most of the local community it seems, had to come and lift the car off the offending boulder. 'Number 41' was of course our friends' house (although actually number 600 and something), because - amazingly - in that street the house numbers are determined by how many metres they are from the start of the street.

God bless France :)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I bought a bass the other day from a seller on BC and I arranged the shipping through Eurosender. It’s the first time I’ve done it this way round. All the seller had to do was box it, which he was more than happy to do.

The bass was collected on schedule yesterday morning and has just been delivered to me 24hrs later. Nil damage.

That’s four successful deliveries in a couple of months. I accept I had a little hiccup with the first one, but once I was aware of the post code thing, it’s been plain sailing.

It occurs to me that although the Basschat discount has been minimal each time, I’ve always received Express Delivery for the Standard Delivery price. £30 delivery with enhanced insurance with a 24 hour turnaround. I’m quite happy with that. I know it’s only as good as the service when something goes wrong, but I’m 4 for 4 now and will use them again.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker
  • Like 2

On 09/06/2020 at 14:55, Hellzero said:

Indeed. I've been shipping basses and other items all over the world for years, but you have to admit that, in the UK, you have a very bad habit of complicating the addressee.

I mean a correct address only needs this :

Name and Surname

Company name, if there's one

Street (or anything that's close to this) and Number

Zip Code and City.

There's absolutely no need for the county, the ancient county name, the big city nearby or the neighbourhood name !?!

Yes, each and every time I get an address in the UK, it's a nice game to put it the right way without all useless data you like to add. 🤨

If you think we are bad in the UK, what about the USA?  'The Little House on the Prairie' - I rest my (hard) case....

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Haha 1

On 13/06/2020 at 12:09, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That’s four successful deliveries in a couple of months. I accept I had a little hiccup with the first one, but once I was aware of the post code thing, it’s been plain sailing.

It occurs to me that although the Basschat discount has been minimal each time, I’ve always received Express Delivery for the Standard Delivery price. £30 delivery with enhanced insurance with a 24 hour turnaround. I’m quite happy with that. I know it’s only as good as the service when something goes wrong, but I’m 4 for 4 now and will use them again.

1. I'm not sure that we should be too impressed that a courier managed four successful deliveries, that should be a given

2. £30 is about average for UK delivery

3. Enhanced insurance is an idea not a reality until someone tests that insurance

You keep using them mate, when I get back to using couriers, which given my post-Covid finances is likely to be quite soon I imagine, I certainly won't be

56 minutes ago, Beedster said:

1. I'm not sure that we should be too impressed that a courier managed four successful deliveries, that should be a given

2. £30 is about average for UK delivery

3. Enhanced insurance is an idea not a reality until someone tests that insurance

You keep using them mate, when I get back to using couriers, which given my post-Covid finances is likely to be quite soon I imagine, I certainly won't be

You seem to be operating under the principle that there is a courier out there somewhere that will deliver 100% of the time without issue. I think we both know that’s not true, however frustrating that may be.

I’m not advocating this service, I merely providing information about my experiences thus far so people can make an informed choice. That means reading about the bad as well as the good. I think that’s how it should be.

On 16/06/2020 at 10:00, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I would be interested to hear from @kjm regarding the loss of his guitar. How they handle this claim will have a significant bearing on their reputation here.

Well where do I start I gave up with them and contacted DPD direct tracked down a manager who checked lost parcels and then found that a mis labelled package had arrived in Sunderlsnd at a guitar shop instead of private buyer in Glasgow I then got it redirected to proper location so no help from eurosender at all ,who stated we are just a logistics company  the middle man in other words abdicated all responsibility as far as Im concerned they can go and F**** off  

• Thanks 5

@ped Is it worth a punt at trying to set up a deal with DPD directly?

It would be great to have an 'in' with a courier and have our shipping concerns raised and understood from the outset (delicate, large, vintage, high value items, etc) and genuine, reasonable, insurance available?

Cheers,
Jon  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Noisyjon said:

@ped Is it worth a punt at trying to set up a deal with DPD directly?

It would be great to have an 'in' with a courier and have our shipping concerns raised and understood from the outset (delicate, large, vintage, high value items, etc) and genuine, reasonable, insurance available?

Cheers,
Jon  

Possibly, but then we'd just hear lots of annoyed DPD customers. 

• Like 1

On 16/06/2020 at 08:00, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You seem to be operating under the principle that there is a courier out there somewhere that will deliver 100% of the time without issue. I think we both know that’s not true, however frustrating that may be.

Not at all, just the principle that there are couriers out there whose website allows you to book a delivery in one simple process that doesn't require you to wait for a response in person re the fee, that recognises standard postcodes, and doesn't give you a quote of almost £200 for UK to UK delivery after you've had to wait a while for that response in the first place. And couriers whose customer service staff do their best to help and do business, rather than simply say "you clearly don't understand how our system works, perhaps use another courier" 

16 hours ago, kjm said:

Well where do I start I gave up with them and contacted DPD direct tracked down a manager who checked lost parcels and then found that a mis labelled package had arrived in Sunderlsnd at a guitar shop instead of private buyer in Glasgow I then got it redirected to proper location so no help from eurosender at all ,who stated we are just a logistics company  the middle man in other words abdicated all responsibility as far as Im concerned they can go and F**** off  

Glad you got it back mate, and I share your sentiments about them. Re middle man, Interparcel are the same type of business, but they resolve issues directly, not simply relying on the courier to do so. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kjm said:

Likewise. Glad it was found. That's pretty $h1tty behaviour by Eurosender and has tainted my view of them (finally @Beedster 😉). Fortunately I have no plans to buy or sell at the moment.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2020 at 09:34, Beedster said:

And couriers whose customer service staff do their best to help and do business, rather than simply say "you clearly don't understand how our system works, perhaps use another courier" 

I had a wee customs form problem shipping a bass to Norway, the DPD folks took care of it by photocopying more forms.  When it arrived in Norway,it was pulled for CITES regs.

Again the DPD folks sorted it. 1 phone call and they just asked for an email declaring no restricted materials . Buyer got his bass the next day.

Think I was £20 odd to send it, stellar service 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Might be worth changing The Eurosender Info as on 3 occasions I have used them, entering the 'Basschat10' discount code resulted in less than 5% discount.

Yes, this has been my experience too.

Same here. I went to send a bass last week, filled it all out and then said they would pick it up on the following monday. It was wednesday. So I went for overland express, which was slightly cheaper, insured for musical instruments up to £1k and picked up on friday.

The guys at Eurosender just told me:

During the difficult COVID situation, most of our code where suspended to keep up with increased cost from couriers. In some cases, like with Basschat, we have kept the code but it gives 6% off.

I can see know that this was not communicated with you and that is a mistake from our side as I was not available in partnership during the time of crisis.

So I'll update the banner to reflect that.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

Anybody know if you have to print the labels yourself..prob is i don't own one 🤔 cheers in advance 👍

Nope. They do it all for you. When theY collect, they affix a sticker to the package which is peeled from a card. They give the rest of the card to you which has the same number on it. You can track from the number on the card one it arrives back at their base. That’s where the labels go on.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dov65 said:

Anybody know if you have to print the labels yourself..prob is i don't own one 🤔 cheers in advance 👍

Definitely worth writing the recipient's name and address on in big black marker pen as well, just in case the label goes missing.

👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know the piece of mind is all in the ‘how they deal with it when it goes wrong’, but....

I booked with Eurosender again on Tuesday. The earliest pick-up date was Thursday. The bass was collected on Thursday afternoon and arrived with its new owner in Germany this morning. He’s a very happy man.

@ped - the discount code is still working properly 👍

• Like 2