Why become a member? ×

Basschat offers exclusive discount for EU shipping

ped

40 minutes ago, basskit_case said:

Yes, have included dimensions but price is set at £378, might have to get in touch with them

It seems counter intuitive, but skip entering dimensions on the first section - UK to UK should be €15 or something.

then when you put that it’s over 1m, it should allow you to enter your own dimensions and stay at about €15

6 minutes ago, Muppet said:

This is bonkers. It took them 12 hours to get back to me with a quote for 160 EURO to ship a bass from Newcastle to Northampton. What am I doing wrong?  

Using the wrong courier. There's better options for the UK, I'd say.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Using the wrong courier. There's better options for the UK, I'd say.

I did try DPD but 'no options available'

Anyway, with Eurosender, I think the problem was that I chose 'Non standard package' as an option because it said musical instruments was an example. When I switched to 'package' it started to work itself out... 

However the BASSCHAT10 discount code gave me a grand saving of 88p.   I think something's not right...

• 2 weeks later...

Third same issue with DPD through EuroSender. And @ped, the discount is no more 10%, but 5% !

Here are the messages sent to EuroSender's Customer Support, in backwards order :

"Hello Angelika,

It looks like you didn’t understand what I wrote !

The address is the one and only official address and has been the same for over 50 Years. The house is at least 400 years old !

But the worse is that the DPD driver came the day before to deliver two very big parcels (150 x 50 x 15 cm) and suddenly my address is becoming wrong or incomplete : it’s the stupidest explanation ever.

DPD drivers are dumber than dumb, it’s a known fact. It’s the third time they are doing this to me, even if they are coming here VERY OFTEN for deliveries !

Furthermore, the pickup time range is simply delirious : from 9:00 to 18:00 !!! Do you think I will take a day off each time there is a pickup or delivery by DPD when the other companies give a one hour time range.

It’s too late, as I also wrote, the parcel HAD TO LEAVE yesterday, so I went to the GLS depot which is 4 kilometres away and it’s now gone to the recipient.

Each time I phone the DPD call center for such a problem, which is very often, the answer is the same : « We have big issues with the Bettembourg (Luxembourg) depot, they need to do something or they’ll lose their clients. »

My phone number is always given, as well as my email address : Is it so hard to give a phone call if they are lost ?

And I realyy don’t give a stinky poo about using a GPS for coming here, it’s the medieval part of village with short but large streets crossing each other, so very easy to find the place as the house numbers clearly visible, because it’s mandatory in Belgium.

Explain me why did DPD deliver me two parcels the day before and could not come to the exact same and only OFFICIAL address the following day ?

You want the answer : lazy driver not doing his job and not knowing that he can be dismissed for serious misconduct (or negligence, if you prefer) and being a liar !

Now, I’m awaiting the full refund as you (DPD, in fact) broke the contract by non respecting it ! Period.

It’s also a shame that I have to write in English as you don’t understand French.

Best regards,

Tony BERTRAND

De : Eurosender customer support
Envoyé le :samedi 16 mai 2020 11:18
À : [email protected]
Objet :Re: Commande no. 822791-20 : CHAUFFEUR JAMAIS PASSE

Hello, 

We thank you for the message and we apologize for this dissatisfaction the service has caused you.

We have been informed by the courier company that the pick-up of your shipment was unfortunately not successful due to a wrong or incomplete address.

As we would like to schedule another collection for you, we kindly ask you to provide us with the updated pick-up address. Please reply to this email with the following information:
• Contact person and his/her phone number (the person who will hand out the package)
• The name on the doorbell (if it isn’t the same as the contact person's name)
• The name of the company/hotel/student dormitory (if the pick-up address is not a private residence)
• Street name and number, as well as apartment/floor number
• Post (ZIP) code and the city

The address should be easily located via Google maps. 

We regret to inform you that your order was already processed and confirmed. This means that, according to our Terms and Conditions, a refund is no longer possible.

After an order is placed, Eurosender is authorised to order transportation services with one of the partner courier companies. The customer expressly agrees to waive the right to cancel the Agreement with Eurosender once the order details are submitted to the selected courier services provider and confirmed for the chosen pick-up date.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know if any further assistance is needed. 

Angelika

Customer Support Supervisor

Eurosender SARL

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation to the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

On Fri, 15 May at 6:49 PM , Tony BERTRAND <[email protected]> wrote:

Bonjour,

Hier jeudi, je reçois deux (2) grands colis livrés par DPD et aujourd’hui, j’attends toute la journée pour un enlèvement, et AUCUN chauffeur ne s’est présenté.

Je regarde à 18 heures sur le suivi en ligne qui fonctionne très approximativement, et je vois que le colis n’a pas pu être enlevé en prétextant une adresse incorrecte, à 14 heures 44’, alors que j’ai été livré hier à cette seule et unique adresse qui est la mienne et qui existe depuis plus de 50 ans, la maison ayant, elle, plus de 400 ans !!!

Cette absence de service est une véritable honte !

J’ai autre chose à faire que d’attendre 9 heures l’hypothétique passage d’un éventuel chauffeur qui se souviendrait qu’il a une mission à remplir : faire son travail !

J’en ai assez de ces chauffeurs trop fainéants pour faire un travail d’une facilité déconcertante.

De plus, j’ai droit à 10% de réduction avec le code BASSCHAT10, étant membre très actif de BassChat et cette réduction n’est JAMAIS de 10% !

Voici la preuve : https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/361241-basschat-offers-exclusive-discount-for-eu-shipping/

La publicité que je vais vous faire va, elle, être totalement gratuite pour la piètre qualité des services de transport que vous employez, et votre absence totale de respect de vos clients !

Merci de me rembourser immédiatement ma commande et je ne passerai PLUS JAMAIS par vos services déplorables, car ce n’est pas le première fois que cela arrive !!!

Le dépôt de GLS est à 4 kilomètres et je peux y déposer mon colis qui part immédiatement, sans le moindre problème !!!

Voici le pseudo suivi de DPD : https://tracking.dpd.de/status/en_BE/parcel/05396000045413

REMBOURSEMENT IMMEDIAT, LE COLIS DOIT PARTIR ABSOLUMENT AUJOURD’HUI, DONC PAR VOTRE NEGLIGENCE, VOUS ME FORCEZ A UTILISER UN CONCURRENT.

Bien à vous, un client plus que fâché,

Tony BERTRAND

How would you rate your overall satisfaction for the resolution provided by the agent?

Extremely satisfied

Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied

Extremely dissatisfied

"

453749:1229237

I will never ever use eurosender again. I used them this time over my preferred courier because I thought it would support basschat in some small way. 

I'm not going into details because it will make me angry and I want to forget about it, but I have never dealt with such an inept, money-grabbing, useless and disregarding company as this in my life. 

My advice is to stick with a courier you know.

14 minutes ago, FarFromTheTrees said:

I will never ever use eurosender again. I used them this time over my preferred courier because I thought it would support basschat in some small way. 

I'm not going into details because it will make me angry and I want to forget about it, but I have never dealt with such an inept, money-grabbing, useless and disregarding company as this in my life. 

My advice is to stick with a courier you know.

I appreciate your frustration, but it doesn't actually help that much if you don't share the details.

I used Eurosender to post a bass this week and it seems to have gone well. I placed the order on Monday, it was collected on Tuesday by DPD and was delivered yesterday afternoon. It cost £25.71 (including non-Sterling fee) for a UK to UK delivery with €1000 insurance cover which I think is a decent price, though the BASSCHAT10 code only gave a €0.96 discount.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty clear that this organisation are f*****g crap at website design, at cost algorithms, and at communicating with customers. I dread to think what they will be like to deal with when they get around to losing someone's '64 Jazz. All very well saying the price for insurance is cheap until you try to make a claim, then you realise why it's so cheap.

Ped, get a deal with a decent courier service, you're not doing BC or any of its members any favours suggesting we use these clowns, especially as the discount is clearly now utterly negligible 

@ped : please do check with EuroSender as they have huge communication problems and absolutely don't apply the 10% discount.

They f*cked up a pickup by me and then negotiate to freeze my order, which they did.

Then unfreezing it by email was a complete time wasting until I gave them a call.

They agreed to use GLS instead of DPD, which started the mess, to pick up a parcel in the UK for me.

It was supposed to be pickep up tomorrow by GLS, but was done by DPD on Thursday, the 28th of May and I should get my new amp by Wednesday.

Fine, except that today I got an email confirming the pickup tomorrow by GLS !?!

So I wrote them explaining what happened and got these answers (start reading from the bottom) :

Hi,

thanks for the info.

Please let us know if I can further assist you in any way.

Kind regards,

Agnaldo Silva

Customer Support Agent

+442081236306 

[email protected] www.eurosender.com

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

We inform you that Eurosender  acts as data processor for the personal data that you provide us, and the said data will be treated for the purpose of concluding a contract with, to attend and manage your inquiries, requests and/or claims, for research and development, to provide you with information about other goods or services that may interest you, or in the legitimate interest of the company.
You can access, rectify, and delete your data, as well as exercise the limitation of processing and portability by sending your request to the following address: Cesta v Gorice 34 B, 1000 Ljubljana, or to [email protected] together with a copy of your identity document. For more information on how we treat your data, you can go to https://www.eurosender.com/en/terms-conditions"

On Mon, 1 Jun at 4:12 PM , Tony BERTRAND <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

It was a pickup for me in the UK.

Mister X (I masked the name here) saw a driver with the right label asking for picking up a parcel, so he let it go and then sent me the tracking number with a photo of the papers he received from DPD.

I’m following it every day and it’s moving the normal way.

Should I have any problem, I’ll contact you.

Best regards,

Tony BERTRAND

De : Eurosender customer support
Envoyé le :lundi 1 juin 2020 16:07
À : [email protected]
Cc : [email protected]
Objet :Re: Commande no. 822791-20 - Confirmé

Hi,

thanks for the email.

On May 28, you requested a change in weight, from 20 to 30 kg. After that, we send you an email confirming the new collection date, by another GLS carrier.

You should not have delivered your package to DPD that day, as they may return your package due to the excess weight.

Once the package has been delivered, follow your package carefully and contact us if you have any problems.

Kind regards,

Agnaldo Silva

Customer Support Agent

+442081236306 

[email protected] www.eurosender.com

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

We inform you that Eurosender  acts as data processor for the personal data that you provide us, and the said data will be treated for the purpose of concluding a contract with, to attend and manage your inquiries, requests and/or claims, for research and development, to provide you with information about other goods or services that may interest you, or in the legitimate interest of the company.
You can access, rectify, and delete your data, as well as exercise the limitation of processing and portability by sending your request to the following address: Cesta v Gorice 34 B, 1000 Ljubljana, or to [email protected] together with a copy of your identity document. For more information on how we treat your data, you can go to https://www.eurosender.com/en/terms-conditions"

On Mon, 1 Jun at 1:00 PM , Tony BERTRAND <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

DPD already picked it up on Thursday the 28th of May.

There must be some BIG communication problems inside your company !?!

Best regards,

Tony BERTRAND

Just sent 2 Basses within the UK by Eurosender over the last 2 weeks.

Cost was around £25 for over 11kg parcels with the £1000 insurance. Both parcels  picked up by DPD and delivered the next day and all comms  from Eurosender very clear, I guess I was lucky then?  They don't send labels but  the driver gives you a ticket, a bar code is stuck on the parcel ( he checked with me the destination which was correct) and it gets labelled up in the Depot.

Yes, the discount was less than £1 on £27 plus which makes the 'Basschat 10' code a bit hollow and note it is only possible to input this just before you finally pay.

I've not read the Insurance T&C closely but given many other Couriers don't cover musical instruments at all ,I have no issues with Eurosender or their delivery agents from my personal experience but obviously some members are  less than impressed.

• Like 1

They have managed to lose my guitar and claim they are just the middle man ! between themselves and DPD have just started a claim to recover cost of guitar do not use its taken me 4 days to get an almost  straight answer from them steer clear 

• Sad 1

I’m going to have a chat with them next week. I know every courier gets bad reviews and you don’t often hear the good ones but there are some things I’d like to establish before I continue basically advertising them, not least a better discount. Watch this space and sorry if you’ve had problems, I thought they seemed like a great option for musical instruments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/06/2020 at 13:24, ped said:

I’m going to have a chat with them next week. I know every courier gets bad reviews and you don’t often hear the good ones but there are some things I’d like to establish before I continue basically advertising them, not least a better discount. Watch this space and sorry if you’ve had problems, I thought they seemed like a great option for musical instruments. 

Big factor should be if/how they resolve the situation with kjm above. As we've said before, a courier that gets something from A-B should be a given, it's how they deal with things when they go wrong that matters. My experience, as well as those of quite a few others, suggests that this firm would be a nightmare to deal with in that situation

I have used them 4 times now. Once I had a problem that DPD didn't turn up the day they were supposed to be, and there was another problem, but it did get sorted, the rest of the time it has been sorted ok.

Yes, the discount is a lot less than 10%, but even with that, they seem one of the few people you can insure musical instruments with if you don't have a hard case and want it insured.

14 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I have used them 4 times now. Once I had a problem that DPD didn't turn up the day they were supposed to be, and there was another problem, but it did get sorted, the rest of the time it has been sorted ok.

Yes, the discount is a lot less than 10%, but even with that, they seem one of the few people you can insure musical instruments with if you don't have a hard case and want it insured.

Fair enough. But they might let you pay an insurance premium when booking, but that's not the same thing as committing to compensate you if something goes wrong (which is the trick Parcelforce used to play), so let's see what happens when someone tests them on this. Interparcel insure musical instruments, I've tested them twice and both times had compensation (although admittedly it was hard work and I had to go to the manufacturers to get estimates of repair costs etc), as do quite a few others.

Anyway, it sound like this lot are more likely to lose something than damage it given their apparent inability to read postcodes :) 

3 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Interparcel insure musical instruments, I've tested them twice and both times had compensation (although admittedly it was hard work and I had to go to the manufacturers to get estimates of repair costs etc), as do quite a few others.

Only in hard cases though, so not much use to me in anything I have sent, selling a low value bass would involve me buying a hard case and then paying extra to send it, making it not worth selling.

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Anyway, it sound like this lot are more likely to lose something than damage it given their apparent inability to read postcodes :) 

Indeed. I've been shipping basses and other items all over the world for years, but you have to admit that, in the UK, you have a very bad habit of complicating the addressee.

I mean a correct address only needs this :

Name and Surname

Company name, if there's one

Street (or anything that's close to this) and Number

Zip Code and City.

There's absolutely no need for the county, the ancient county name, the big city nearby or the neighbourhood name !?!

Yes, each and every time I get an address in the UK, it's a nice game to put it the right way without all useless data you like to add. 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Indeed. I've been shipping basses and other items all over the world for years, but you have to admit that, in the UK, you have a very bad habit of complicating the addressee.

The official address format in the UK is very standard - it's residents who overly complicate the address by including additional (mostly superfluous) components, as you've clearly already found out!!

Edited by Muppet

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

I mean a correct address only needs this :

Name and Surname

Company name, if there's one

Street (or anything that's close to this) and Number

Zip Code and City.

There's absolutely no need for the county, the ancient county name, the big city nearby or the neighbourhood name !?!

Yes, each and every time I get an address in the UK, it's a nice game to put it the right way without all useless data you like to add. 🤨

That is not exclusive to the UK. I've had some complete nonsense addresses from most recently from Italy, but France and elsewhere as well.

You could argue that it only needs to be name/number/street/post code. City will self designate with an accurate post code.

• Thanks 1

In France, they even create their own streets names ... only known by themselves. I had some parcels coming back and then sent to the real official address at their expense. And not mentioning the holidays where you look for a street that doesn't exist. 😤

• Haha 1