Why become a member? ×

Basschat offers exclusive discount for EU shipping

ped

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Did you fall foul of the post code thing I posted previously?

Not sure. I've heard nothing other than the seller informing that there's been no collection. I know that I would have put in the space but that really should not be an issue. 

I would have expected some sort of automated message or an entry on the tracking page saying that they've been unable to collect today and will attempt collection next working day, or something like that but nothing. At lease with some sort of update you know whats happening and where you stand, needless to say I'm pretty hacked off. 

If it weren't for the lockdown I'd make the 440 mile round trip and collect myself. 

4 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Now...that was DPD doing everything so I’m not sure what Eurosender actually did there...the insurance was cheap enough.

As I wrote earlier, it's a logistics company, basically they sign contracts with couriers and insurance company, then manage the whole shebang for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.

they’ve cocked up a collection from my address...and a collection from another address to come to me. So that’s 2 basses not going where they should be in 2 days.

I know these things happen...but it then takes Eurosender so long to reply to anything that it adds another day or two to the whole thing.

Stupid really.

Both of these were booked in Friday last week so I’m a bit annoyed really.

• Sad 1

Oh for gods sake - just read about the gap/space in the postcode being an issue.

Coing to stamp on my own toes.

Still it’s a really poor excuse - an iPhone and mates android satnav/google maps can decipher a gapless postcode.

the slow responses irk me too.

oh well. Will all happen tomorrow now.

Edited by AndyTravis

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

We’re they all DPD? 

Yeah. I normally use parcelforce through postage supermarket and have had zero Issues over about 100 sales.

Have used these 3 times this week because they were bob on first time. All three have been ballsed up.

20 minutes ago, ped said:

I wouldn’t expect mail delivery services to be operating anything like normally at the moment so maybe that’s partly to do with it. 

It’s not that Ped, they’re seemingly operating as normal - they collected one bass when they should’ve collected 2. And not collected a third at all.

the reason being they can’t read post codes if there’s not a gap BB129FU isn’t ok and BB12 9FU is. It then took them 2 days to sort it. 

They announced this issue on the due date for collection, not at the time I booked it 3 days before, nor at the time they confirmed they’d allocated a courier and the collection date.

Tgey take that long to rectify it, it means next day rescheduling cannot happen.

They Did the same routine on a bass I’m having collected from a fellow bass chatter - confirmation etc, then said DPD couldn’t collect because the address provided was wrong...

It wasn’t wrong. There wasn’t a gap in the postcode.

Anyhow - just a whinge - obviously bigger issues at hand and nowhere else to be.

I just feel I’ve let two buyers down - and frustrated for my own purchase.

Just to be clear, the issue I had was that I did leave a gap in the postcodes on my first booking with Eurosender. Once that was amended, everything seemed to work OK.

As a result, I booked a second shipment (no gaps in post codes) and that was delivered in less than 24 hours.

When I booked the third one, which went today, I made an error in the booking process. I contacted Eurosender via Live Chat and they sorted it immediately. Having spoken to them via telephone twice regarding the first shipment, I highly recommend using Live Chat rather than phoning them.

Aside from the collection issues @AndyTravis, have any shipments gone astray? As we all know, that's the real test, when something goes missing. I hope none of us have to endure that process.

Stay safe everyone.

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Just to be clear, the issue I had was that I did leave a gap in the postcodes on my first booking with Eurosender. Once that was amended, everything seemed to work OK.

As a result, I booked a second shipment (no gaps in post codes) and that was delivered in less than 24 hours.

When I booked the third one, which went today, I made an error in the booking process. I contacted Eurosender via Live Chat and they sorted it immediately. Having spoken to them via telephone twice regarding the first shipment, I highly recommend using Live Chat rather than phoning them.

Aside from the collection issues @AndyTravis, have any shipments gone astray? As we all know, that's the real test, when something goes missing. I hope none of us have to endure that process.

Stay safe everyone.

They need to leave to go astray. 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, basskit_case said:

When making a UK to UK delivery and choosing express delivery, I presume the delivery price of 200 euros is presuming delivery to mainland EU and not within the uK?

Is it possible to get a quote via the site for express uk delivery?

Did you enter dimensions on first part or after your said it was a box over 1m?

This threw a spanner in the works when I first used it.