Why become a member? ×

Basschat offers exclusive discount for EU shipping

ped

On 26/11/2019 at 17:51, BreadBin said:

You enter the code before payment, I have used this a few times now 👍

Thanks for this info. I couldn’t find this on my last shipment - probably didn’t look hard enough. Thought the charge was less than expected (Helsinki) anyway.

Graham

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just looking at sending an amp in the UK and even with the discount applied it only comes in £1 under UPS Interparcel Premium.... so with a Euro-Sterling conversion fee likely to be added it works out approx the same.... :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to book and the quoted price was ridiculous, UK-UK for a 10kg 120cm package close to`£200, that's before I added insurance. Asked  a question on the chat function, waited five minutes, no reply so back to Interparcel. OK, the latter might be staffing issues due to COVID so perhaps understandable, but to be honest if I'm booking a courier I'd rather not be messing about on chat lines.   

image.thumb.png.5f56badea7b87baaa005d2f2ca241208.png

Edited by Beedster

When the chat finally started all he could tell me was that it should be 19 Euros and suggested I'd entered the data incorrectly or may have a poor connection, which wasn't the case, I screenshotted it all (it's not like I haven't used courier websites before) I said I'd go back to UPS rather than re-enter all of the information, he said "That is your right". I would have expected him to at least say "Can I try to sort this out for you". There was simply no offer to help, simply an insistence that I'd done something wrong. I left a stern reply in CAPS (ouch).

Back to UPS then :(

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

image.png

Hey Beedy!!

Normally eurosender are pretty darn good!! :i-m_so_happy:

Got them to arrange collection and shipment for a bass from UK to UK, instrument covered up to €1000 insurance (currently approx. £900). 

The total price for collection, shipping and insurance was £25.76, which is quite reasonable giving the level of cover provided.

The insurance also covers guitars that are without a hard shell case providing they are packed sensibly... Loosen stringed, supported necks and sufficient wrap/padding etc...  This is something that a lot of other courier services will not cover, should you read the small print...

Eurosender outsource the work and act as a provider or “middleman"...  They have good business relations with many couriers across the EU and so they can offer competitive shipping rates that often work out cheaper than if you were to go to the courier direct...

And with the special word; BASSCHAT10 a magical 10% discount is applied to the shipping costs :o

Screenshot_20200317-100538.png.2bbfdcc22e1157f40ed00a58384884b2.png

The Fonz, Approves!!*

Edited by Ted Theodore Logan, III
*no guarantee that The Fonz approves

I've had a spuriously high quote once before, queried it and it got corrected.

I've used them quite a few times now and not had any problems, although I've yet to hear what happens if you do need to claim on the insurance...

49 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

I've had a spuriously high quote once before, queried it and it got corrected.

The guy this morning wasn't interested in helping, he just repeated that I'd entered the data wrongly. As far as I'm concerned, if that's what they're like to deal with for a minor issue, I don't want to be dealing with them when they lose or break something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

Normally eurosender are pretty darn good!! :i-m_so_happy:

They certainly weren't this morning. I should probably caveat that with the possibility that, at the moment, he had more important things on his mind. I didn't post the above to have a moan, more to suggest that folks be careful when booking with them, as you might get a shock if you don't keep an eye on the figures :)

Edited by Beedster

I had cause to ring them on Friday as I sold a bass that I need to get shipped further than I'm prepared to drive. 

The two issues I had were:

1) Nowhere in the process did it give me the option of putting in the discount code (believe me I looked)

2) The bass is valued at over €2k. When you get to the insurance page, there are only two options; up to €1k and up to €2k. Apparently, if it's over €2k, the price of the add on is €24.99 (up to €5k value), but you can't specify that when doing it on line. You have to e-mail them with all the details for one of the managers to ring you back. What a load of nonsense that is.

I decided to forgo the discount and went with the €2k insurance in the end as it was only marginally over the threshold.

Issue #3 - I received an e-mail yesterday morning apologising that the courier would don't be able to collect the bass from me yesterday. No reason given, just that it wasn't going to happen. They re-booked collection for today.

Issue #4 - Checked my e-mail first thing this morning and they had sent another e-mail saying the bass couldn't be collected today as there was an issue with my address. I was in the mood for a good argument, so since they had offered a phone number to ring, that's what I did. Not particularly helpful or apologetic, but it appears that since I put a space in my postal code i.e. SS** **H, it had caused a glitch in the system where it failed to recognise it - FFS! Eurosender were blaming the courier's computer system, not theirs. I pointed out that an idiot could find my address given the house number and the postcode - with or without gaps.

Re-booked for tomorrow - without gaps in either my post code or the buyer's. This is their last chance before I get medieval on their a55.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

FFS - you couldn’t make this stinky poo up!

DPD were supposed to come today as arranged by Eurosender. It got to 5.55pm (supposed to pick-up before 6pm) and no show.

I had a look at the e-mail Eurosender sent me this morning and noticed it already had a tracking number on it, so I clicked it. The DPD tracker says my parcel was ‘in transit’. I beg to differ as it’s still sat in my hallway!

Ring DPD and they appear to be as confused as I am. Their system says the driver collected it at 1531hrs - whilst I was sat in the kitchen with Mrs.H waiting for DPD to arrive. Cue joke of the day:

DPD Customer Service “Are you sure they haven’t picked it up?”

Me “The package is about four feet tall and weighs over 10kg and standing in my hallway. It’s hardly inconf***ingspicuous“

DPD Customer Service “I can offer you a pick-up tomorrow which, as it’s our error, will be free or charge”

Me “Oh, how very nice of you - since you haven’t done anything that warrants paying for!”

Tune in tomorrow (and probably for the next few weeks) for more entertaining updates to this saga.

I tried to use Eurosender a few weeks ago.  Took an age to come back to me with an admittedly very good quote, but as my need was urgent I had already sent the bass with Interparcel.  Indeed, it was delivered before Eurosender even quoted!

Edited by franzbassist

Can only report back as I have found.  I've used Eurosender 4 times for basses - twice within UK twice outside.  Once for plants to Eire.  Each time the quote was very reasonable - in the case of sending an expensive-ish bass outside the UK it was half the price of anyone else fully insured!  DPD held up their end nicely and collected when they were supposed to.

30 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

Oh well. Used them for the first time and let me down. Booked them to collect a bass I bought here and never turned up. 

I just hope the do the right thing and refund me. 

Rebooking through interparcel 

Did you fall foul of the post code thing I posted previously?