Why become a member? ×

Basschat offers exclusive discount for EU shipping

ped

Please see update regarding EU shipping HERE

----

We know that sending a bass around Europe can be an expensive and risky operation. That's why we have reached out to find the best solution for those members who ask advice about sending instruments. It isn't always clear who will insure them or who has the best price.

Today we are proud to announce a partnership with Eurosender, who are offering a 10% discount on all EU destination services booked by Basschat members by simply using the code BASSCHAT10

logo.png

The nice thing about Eurosender is that you can add insurance to cover your instrument (up to 2000EUR) and they don't have any small print excluding musical instruments, as some couriers do. They even help you pack.

So why not take advantage of this code next time you sell an item on Basschat - there's no rush, as this offer stands for as long as Basschat remains the number one bass guitar community in Europe - so we think for a very long time!

Now get selling, and feel free to offer shipping all over Europe, with confidence.

See you on the site,

Team Basschat

(Small print: Discount applies to any shipment be it guitar, amplifier, effects pedal or accessory. Code also applies for members of guitarchat.co.uk. Insurance above 2000EUR is available but without discount. If your item falls outside the standard shipping size (over 1.75m) It'll tell you and you can enter a request, and you can place the code in the content box. Otherwise the discount code can be entered on the final page for payment. Discount for EU countries only. Basschat offers this deal to its members but has no responsibility for transactions between you and Eurosender. Did you read all that? Have a cup of tea and a sit down, you deserve it. Your hair looks nice today!)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

As I'm using EuroSender for a while and promoting it for a while too, there is a 2 day latency for the pickup as it's a logistics company. But they can pickup anywhere you want and deliver anywhere you want too, all across Europe and to some other countries too. 😉

Thanks for the discount, Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

@ped I'm looking at shipping with Eurosender but the small print seems to be spelled out here: https://www.eurosender.com/en/shipping-insurance in large print. That makes me a little nervous as the validity of the "top-up" insurance seems overly reliant on the courier's assessment of the situation rather than Eurosender's. Does that sound like a fair assessment?

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

@ped I'm looking at shipping with Eurosender but the small print seems to be spelled out here: https://www.eurosender.com/en/shipping-insurance in large print. That makes me a little nervous as the validity of the "top-up" insurance seems overly reliant on the courier's assessment of the situation rather than Eurosender's. Does that sound like a fair assessment?

Probably best to ask them directly

If it’s any help I’ve just used Eurosender to ship a bass to Itu in Helsinki. Here’s my experience.

I found, like others above, it was initially difficult to get a price so that one could quote and charge the buyer beforehand. It’s easy to start an order and get a price for a package with the sizes and the weight, but insurance wasn’t quoted without going through the whole process. However, there is a pop up thingamy offering chat and I got a quote straight away. It’s €12.99 up to €1,000, and €17.99 up to €2,000, which includes VAT of 17%. The package was €56.99 up to 20 kilos again including VAT. Collected from my door and delivered to Helsinki in the three working days they quoted. Tracking information was detailed and accurate throughout.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Eurosender, which seems to be a company which uses several different transport agencies, in my case it was an English carrier who collected my bass, tracking information and actual carriage to Finland was provided by GLS Group. The invoice was provided by Eurosender.

My only slight gripe was that I could not find anywhere to note the Basschat10 discount key to claim the discount, although I did put it in the comments box. I thought that the price paid was very competitive anyway.

Hope this is useful.

Graham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @graham1945! As he already said, the transport was working very well. Actually the local post (that took care of the last phase of the delivery) is known to be very slow every now and then, but this time everything happened at least two days faster than was expected. Post office contacted me via SMS to tell that the instrument had arrived.

The Eurosender pages were good enough, I've included a printscreen of the schedule until the local delivery. And what is the most important: the anticipated packet was intact.

Here is some extra space, so I will give my humble credits to Graham The Gentleman, who took care of the details and sent me a super clean and very powerful tool. I am proud that I have had the chance to be in contact with him. Hopefully in the future, too.

Eurosender.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 11:31, Hellzero said:

As I'm using EuroSender for a while and promoting it for a while too, there is a 2 day latency for the pickup as it's a logistics company. But they can pickup anywhere you want and deliver anywhere you want too, all across Europe and to some other countries too. 😉

Thanks for the discount, Chris.

How much do they charge for weight ?

On 02/11/2019 at 13:29, Bass-Face said:

How much do they charge for weight ?

The weight is charged in bands - up to 10kg, up to 20 etc. My recent quote for typical bass sized packages there was a €0.14 increase from 10 to 20  for a domestic UK shipment before discount. I booked mine on Friday, collection was Monday, delivered Tuesday - €14.12 was a bargain.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question: At what point in the Order process does one get to enter the 'BASSCHAT10' discount code..? I've a 13kg package to send from France to UK, and have a quoted price, but nowhere to enter the code. Anyone done this successfully, please..?
Thanks in advance. B|

25 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Question: At what point in the Order process does one get to enter the 'BASSCHAT10' discount code..? I've a 13kg package to send from France to UK, and have a quoted price, but nowhere to enter the code. Anyone done this successfully, please..?
Thanks in advance. B|

You enter the code before payment, I have used this a few times now 👍

• Thanks 1