Why become a member? ×

The 3 Songs You Never Want To Hear Again - Ever

Chezz55

Anything by Muse I hate people unable to recognise their main influence, in this case Ultravox John Foxx period, more specifically Ha!-Ha!-Ha!

Anything by Oasis : bland by definition.

Anything by Whitesnake : the worst band in the known and unknown universe.

And of course, all these autotune "singers".

I posed this question to Mrs. Pook, and it turns out we're of one mind.

'Sweet but psycho' by Ava Max needs to be revoked and all traces of it removed from creation.

I'm only choosing one btw, cos I'd not compare the above to anything else. It's in a field of hate of its own.

• Thanks 1

One day I’ll write a list of the thousand plus songs I’ve ever had to play in any band. 

Narrowing it down to three of those will be a hard task. 

Each one will remind me of some battle with a drummer/guitarist/keyboard player/singer over some completely irrelevant minutia of detail that one of them has spotted and insist we replicate, ignoring that the rest of the band hasn’t captured the feel and in some cases failed to even get the basic chords right. 

The curse of the musician. 

Just listening to Sultans of Swing in a pub right now. I’d forgotten how subtle the playing is in Dire Straits. Great band. Apart for Money for Nothing - I played that in a band in 1986. That’s going first on my list.

Gold - Spandau Ballet. Played with a drummer who couldn’t play a triplet feel and stamped all over the vocal line with his right foot and 5 beat bar fills.

Moon River - ruined for me by a drunk guitarist who played it in 4/4 for a first dance at a golden wedding anniversary gig and the drummer just followed him in.

I don’t think any songs are particularly bad, but many take a horrible life of their own once you’ve tried to gig them 😂

15 minutes ago, ahpook said:

I posed this question to Mrs. Pook, and it turns out we're of one mind.

'Sweet but psycho' by Ava Max needs to be revoked and all traces of it removed from creation.

I'm only choosing one btw, cos I'd not compare the above to anything else. It's in a field of hate of its own.

Oh God, I’d forgotten that. Can I have 4? Oh, and that Bruno Mars “I’d sit on a grenade for you” travesty. Make it 5. 

14 minutes ago, TimR said:

One day I’ll write a list of the thousand plus songs I’ve ever had to play in any band. 

Narrowing it down to three of those will be a hard task. 

Each one will remind me of some battle with a drummer/guitarist/keyboard player/singer over some completely irrelevant minutia of detail that one of them has spotted and insist we replicate, ignoring that the rest of the band hasn’t captured the feel and in some cases failed to even get the basic chords right. 

The curse of the musician. 

Just listening to Sultans of Swing in a pub right now. I’d forgotten how subtle the playing is in Dire Straits. Great band. Apart for Money for Nothing - I played that in a band in 1986. That’s going first on my list.

Gold - Spandau Ballet. Played with a drummer who couldn’t play a triplet feel and stamped all over the vocal line with his right foot and 5 beat bar fills.

Moon River - ruined for me by a drunk guitarist who played it in 4/4 for a first dance at a golden wedding anniversary gig and the drummer just followed him in.

I don’t think any songs are particularly bad, but many take a horrible life of their own once you’ve tried to gig them 😂

This is one of the joys of hardly ever having played covers in a near 40 year career. 😉

2 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Oh God, I’d forgotten that. Can I have 4? Oh, and that Bruno Mars “I’d sit on a grenade for you” travesty. Make it 5. 

"I'd sit on a grenade for you"....really ? That's a bit specific isn't it ? It's almost like he's hoping it will happen....

15 minutes ago, 4000 said:

This is one of the joys of hardly ever having played covers in a near 40 year career. 😉

It’s a bit of a Curates egg.

I’ve played originals in a pub that when we started there was just one man and a dog. And by the time we finished the dog had gone home. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TimR said:

It’s a bit of a Curates egg.

I’ve played originals in a pub that when we started there was just one man and a dog. And by the time we finished the dog had gone home. 

Oh, so have I. With covers too. But the last 7 years in particular, we’ve done perfectly well with originals. 

13 minutes ago, ahpook said:

"I'd sit on a grenade for you"....really ? That's a bit specific isn't it ? It's almost like he's hoping it will happen....

I’m not sure that’s the exact line. 😂 But it’s something like that. It winds me up something chronic. 

• Like 1

1) Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.  Hated the song since I first heard it, and then had a job in Currys for a while where it was the first track on the demo CD for music systems so I heard it at least twice a day.

2) Imagine by John Lennon. AAAARRGGHHH!!!!  Mawkish dirge.

3) Barwick Green, aka the theme to The Archers. The tune is OK, but I am up across the room hitting the off switch within nanosecond because of what follows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard R said:

1) Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult.  Hated the song since I first heard it, and then had a job in Currys for a while where it was the first track on the demo CD for music systems so I heard it at least twice a day.

2) Imagine by John Lennon. AAAARRGGHHH!!!!  Mawkish dirge.

3) Barwick Green, aka the theme to The Archers. The tune is OK, but I am up across the room hitting the off switch within nanosecond because of what follows.

Don’t Fear the Reaper? God, I LOVE that song!

With you on the Archers though, simply because of the tune!😉

Sweet girl Ipanema

anything from Nirvana

Nearly anything related to rap, where some coke nosed guy tries to babble about modda modda modda, and do not sound serious at all. And no one of those guys sound serious. Come on, all they talk about is fathers, so moccafudges.

• Like 1

Oh god, only 3.....

1. I will always f’kin love you...... makes my skin crawl. 

2. Everything I do, I do it for you...equally makes my skin crawl and is only at number 2 cos I wrote number 1 first. I HATE them both equally  

3 will need thought. There’s so many I dislike, most Ballards, most recent music that the vocal is all auto tuned and it’s over produced, westlife, boyzone, one direction (other sh1te manufactured bands are also available), you see the general way this is heading 😂