Why become a member? ×

In Ear Monitor Help

bassmansam

Looking to move onto IEM for my function band.. Not sure whether custom is necessary but I've read quad drivers are a minimum for bass? 

Any recommendations for 2019? This will be for myself and our vocalists. I understand you get what you pay for with IEMs but not sure on the budget at the moment. 

I think I'd prefer wireless. We use the Behringer XR18. 

Thanks 

Edited by bassmansam

We have a Mackie DL32R and iPhones/iPads.  The only thing about the Mackie is that it doesn't support Android.

I suppose the one thing I have different to the rest of the band is that my pre-amp (Microbass 3) has an aux input and headphone amp which allows direct mixing of my bass into the received monitor signal.  I set up my monitor mix from the desk to have no bass in it, and then mix the bass in directly on the Microbass 3.  The volume control on the Microbass only affects the volume of bass in the in-ears (doesn't affect FOH).  Of course, I try to get everything right during sound check - but it makes the occasional mid-gig tweak a lot easier.  Using the app is fine, but I find having a physical knob really convenient.

• Thanks 1