Why become a member? ×

Ibanez MC940 active circuit info please

police squad

Could the battery be dead, so you're actually killing the sound when switching to active? 

If not, what model 940 do you have? The 79-82 model with the brown soapbar pickups, or the 83-up model with beveled edges and PJ pickups? I could take a picture of the guts of one of my 924's to verify. They have the same electronics as the 940. 

Edited by LeftyJ

22 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Could the battery be dead, so you're actually killing the sound when switching to active? 

If not, what model 940 do you have? The 79-82 model with the brown soapbar pickups, or the 83-up model with beveled edges and PJ pickups? I could take a picture of the guts of one of my 924's to verify. They have the same electronics as the 940. 

battery is fine as the active controls all work as they should. the passive tone also works.

mine is the 79-82 model, any pictures or help would be gladly accepted, thanks

1 hour ago, police squad said:

battery is fine as the active controls all work as they should. the passive tone also works.

mine is the 79-82 model, any pictures or help would be gladly accepted, thanks

OK, I'll take a look at mine! 

The lighting was poor, but here's a try. There's a LOT going on in there, so I hope this helps. Mine's a lefty, so everything is backwards but the soldering shouldn't be. If you need to see anything in more detail, drop me a PM. Most of the wiring from the active/passive switch is heading to the narrowest of the two connectors and to the output jack, but it's difficult to see. 

DSC_3978.thumb.JPG.571c9274daa1e6ee4e011db08d1af7b8.JPG

DSC_3975.JPG

DSC_3974.JPG

Edited by LeftyJ

• 7 months later...