Why become a member? ×

In it for the money?

skidder652003

19 hours ago, Bluewine said:

We have done some Legion Hall gigs. It was like they moved a bar into a Nursing Home. A lot of folks in wheel chairs.

We do a lot classic British Blues stuff from the 60s & 70s. Thing is at this point in time these folks are the generation that was listening to the stuff when they were young.

I think it's really cool. Bringing back that spirit of youth for a few hours to these folks. God Bless Them.

Blue

Nice sentiment. I guess what might have been referred to as 'Dad rock'  is now 'Grandad rock.' Proof that rock n roll is there for anyone who wants it, regardless of age. 

19 hours ago, Bluewine said:

We have done some Legion Hall gigs. It was like they moved a bar into a Nursing Home. A lot of folks in wheel chairs.

We do a lot classic British Blues stuff from the 60s & 70s. Thing is at this point in time these folks are the generation that was listening to the stuff when they were young.

I think it's really cool. Bringing back that spirit of youth for a few hours to these folks. God Bless Them.

Blue

When our BL was making a living from playing full-time, he got some afternoon solo acoustic gigs at Old People's Homes. I giggled a bit, and was set to send him up as a crooner, until he told me the most popular stuff was Beatles songs*.

* And with the added benefit that he could play the same set every week, with nobody complaining they'd heard it before... 😕

• Like 1

For all my irritations with the band, compared to some of you I do have it easy, we gig 2-4 times a month, normally get £75 a night, don't practice much at the moment and virtually never travel more than 15 minutes from home.

but sometimes when we do a lot of gigs I wish it was less and when like now, we don't have gigs for 4 weeks I will probably be going mad!